Crosswind or bad approach?

Dear Jiyang,

First of all, I think this picture is not so very new. I've seen the video
of this (or it must be bloody similar) an I recall the No 1 engine (left)
strikning the ground during this "landing".
Another remark would be that not only Chinese pilots do not want to lose
face!! Within all nationalities you will find those pilots that don't dare
to say they f... up! And really, we all do once in a while!

Happy landings....

Loek

Jiyang Chen <no@no.no> wrote:

> http://visualtours.com/cail/45degree.htm
>
> Maybe the pilot overshot the runway during the final leg?

Nope.

The copy that accompanied that picture is a bunch of BS.

Telephoto lenses have a way of distorting depth of field and B747 landing
gear are designed to touchdown at an angle. The aircraft cannot be slipped
onto the runway without striking an engine.

--
Peter