[SOLVED] Crowdstrike uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

So, at the start of this pandemic my organization asked me to install crowdstrike on my personal computer to enable work from home, they sent me an email with a token to install, it was done.

This is a custom built gaming pc, I was initially hesitant fearing there would be some sorta catch, anyway I did it as my manager requested and the office pc they delivered to me wasn't working. They also couldn't replace at the time due to lockdown here.

However, in October I quit my job and to my surprise realised I cannot uninstall it with the same token and it requires an uninstall token.

After numerous follow ups with my former organization I am not getting anywhere and I need to uninstall it from my pc which I had built for gaming and can't have this installed with elevated privilages above the admin which is me.

So far, the best I've been able to do is go into safe mode with/without network, then uninstall, it doesn't ask the token there but still it fails with a log file saying connection to server failed.

I would really appreciate if you help me with any alternate ways to go about this.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me to facilitate this. I really don't want to reinstall the os and start from scratch, its a pain in wrong place and that will take a whole day.

Regards,

Aravind

Solution
I heard this can work;

CMD > sc query csagent
Make sure its running

Default install path: “C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\” location (search for ‘WindowsSensor’)

CD the path and >WindowsSensor.exe /repair /uninstall

Go back to default path and delete all WindowsSensor files

USAFRet

Titan
"it requires an uninstall token "

Either from your former company, or the publisher of that application.

Your other two personal fall backs are:
  1. A restore from a full drive backup you made before you installed it
  2. Wipe and reinstall.

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
"it requires an uninstall token "

Either from your former company, or the publisher of that application.

Your other two personal fall backs are:
  1. A restore from a full drive backup you made before you installed it
  2. Wipe and reinstall.
I can't restore from that long ago, too many changes, anyway, I've written an email to crowdstrike support, their subreddit couldn't help.

Fingers crossed, worse comes to worse, reinstall's da way.

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
"It's not designed to be removed without interaction from the portal to which it's registered. You should back your data up, reinstall your operating system, and start over. "

That's what it's saying on google.

Yeah, from what I've seen reinstall seems to be the only way, was hoping there would be another option since safe more didn't ask for the token.

I heard this can work;

CMD > sc query csagent
Make sure its running

Default install path: “C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\” location (search for ‘WindowsSensor’)

CD the path and >WindowsSensor.exe /repair /uninstall

Go back to default path and delete all WindowsSensor files

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.