Question Crucial 1tb ssd locked with edrive

Nov 15, 2020
Good afternoon,

I brought a crucial 1tb CT1000MX500SSD1 from amazon to speed up my laptop, everything was going fine when all of a sudden Windows was installing and then I get a small blue square asking me for an unlock code for the HD. I believe Windows 10 has enabled edrive on the disk so now I'm affectively locked out.

I did download the crucial suite to psid revert the drive but I get an error when trying to do it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to unlock a drive once edrive is activated?

Regards Daniel

D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t believe windows does that you might have a defective drive I would RMA it back to Amazon and get a new one

D

Deleted member 14196

Go into your bios and turn off secure boot. Give that a try. It looks like it’s drive encryption

Nov 15, 2020
"edrive" ?

Can you take a pic of this and show us?

Hi thanks for your reply :)

I'm struggling to get a photo onto here, i have uploaded some and posted a link into the box but it wont allow it. Its basically a small blue box saying unlock ct100mx500ssd1 i was able to get into the bios and turn off the secure boot after this occurred but i think the damage has been done and the drive is now encrypted. No matter what i do i cannot seem to revert it back to its factory status, I cant believe they sell new drives that with encryption what when windows enables it the drive becomes useless.