[SOLVED] Crucial Ballistix Compatibility Issue

bravodown

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2012
I'm looking at building a new pc with Ryzen 7 5800x CPU and ASUS ROG Strix x570-E Gaming Mobo. The memory I'm going with is Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600 16 GB (8x2) - (BL2K8G36C16U4BL). According to third party sites like Newegg's PC builder or PC Parts Picker, this memory is compatible with the motherboard listed. However, when I go to Crucial's own website, it says "Sorry, this part will not work with your ROG Strix X570-E Gaming".

When I search for the same memory but higher density, Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600 32 GB (16x2) - (BL2K16G36C16U4BL), Crucial's website says "this part is 100% compatible with ROG Strix X570-E Gaming".

Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, these memory kits are EXACTLY the same with the exception of the size (8x2 versus 16x2). Otherwise, per Crucial's full specification lists, they both have exactly the same specs:
Speed: DDR4-3600
CAS Latency: 16
DRAM family: Ballistix
Module Type: UDIMM
Extended timings: 16-18-18-38
Form Factor: UDIMM
Technology: DDR4
Voltage: 1.35V
PC speed: PC4-28800
DIMM type: unbuffered.

I'm going to reach out to Crucial's customer chat support tomorrow to inquire about this further but I just thought this was odd.

Does anyone know if Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600 16 GB (8x2) - (BL2K8G36C16U4BL) will work with ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming mobo? I do not understand why it wouldn't be but if I must default to trusting one source, I would have to default to the manufacturer (The source).

Thanks

Last edited:

bravodown

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2012
Nevermind QVL memory should run fine.
Crucial Customer Support Chat rep initially told me "no, this memory is not compatible with asus rog strix x570-e gaming mobo". When I pointed out that the exact same kit in 2x16gb shows compatible but the 2x8gb kit says its not compatible, she said she was going to reach out to her tier 2 team. She then told me that "As I checked, the specifications are same so BL2K8G36C16U4BL memory it should work ideally. This is a suggestion and not recommendation. However, in case it does not work then you can return the product under 45 day money back guarantee and get a full refund."

Should is not very confident language from their CS team lol....but it looks like micro center cancelled the order anyway (theymust not have had stock once order processed). It's jsut so bizarre they would list it as not compatible when other kits with same specs are. Thanks for the reply.

Since this order was cancelled - anymemory suggestions for this ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo with Ryzen 7 5800x cpu?

Crucial Customer Support Chat rep initially told me "no, this memory is not compatible with asus rog strix x570-e gaming mobo". When I pointed out that the exact same kit in 2x16gb shows compatible but the 2x8gb kit says its not compatible, she said she was going to reach out to her tier 2 team. She then told me that "As I checked, the specifications are same so BL2K8G36C16U4BL memory it should work ideally. This is a suggestion and not recommendation. However, in case it does not work then you can return the product under 45 day money back guarantee and get a full refund."

Should is not very confident language from their CS team lol....but it looks like micro center cancelled the order anyway (theymust not have had stock once order processed). It's jsut so bizarre they would list it as not compatible when other kits with same specs are. Thanks for the reply.

Since this order was cancelled - anymemory suggestions for this ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo with Ryzen 7 5800x cpu?
They would say no if they didn't test that combo themselves but any memory and MB/BIOS are made with clear standards so any standard combo should work.