Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB DDR4-2400 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Don't often see SODIMM reviews on here. On the contrary, more the better. Means manufacturers are willing to send hardware to Tom's for review and that help's keep people visiting, and funds the site.

Gzerble

Commendable
May 21, 2016
How about checking up on SODIMM performance on the Skull Canyon NUC? SODIMMs with desktop GPUs don't really make sense, but that platform offers both a chance for improved graphics and a plausible use case for this set (how does 32GB compare to 16GB? Does the L4 make the difference in RAM speed matter less? et cetera).

gearkraft

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
I don't understand why this kit has stickers in place of heat spreaders...

I bought the 4x4gb quad channel Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4-2400 set from Microcenter and it has metal heat spreaders.

_MOJO_

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
RAM and the seemingly infinite amount of options and info is somewhat laughable. I did a little homework when I purchased mine- but was still not educated in the reality: that we are talking nano seconds of differences between one RAM stick and another. The price/performance is astronomical. I guess it makes a difference if you have money to burn.

Check out the RAM performance charts with pricing:
http://www.memorybenchmark.net/write_ddr3_intel.html

Crucial definitely is a reputable company with a proven track record.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We see fake heat spreaders on many SODIMMs. First of all, most memory doesn't actually need heat spreaders. Second, many SODIMM slots lay flat. So, once an engineer has determined heat spreaders aren't actually needed, he can use better fit as another reason to nix them without even mentioning cost savings. Unless he's talking to the bean counters :D

Status
Not open for further replies.