Question Crucial BX500 SSD need recover my data

Sep 2, 2022
Hello

I was using HDD in computer. I wanted to upgrade to SSD, and without doing much research, we made the wrong choice for Crucial BX500 SSD. It was a big mistake, and the computer did not turn on and remained on the boot screen before 1 month was up. When I checked it didn't see the disk at all. I don't care if the disk is corrupted. But there is data that does not have a 1-month backup. It is not in a state to recover it, it does not see the disk at all. What can be done physically in this situation? Has anyone had this type of problem? This is a big disappointment. Normally we back up the data in the cloud, but it seems like a trap for a new zero disk to put it in such a situation. I do not know.

I ran the partition magic, diskpart tools it doesn't seem like the disk is mounted.
Also, it gets hot when I plug in an SSD.

How can I access the data? waiting for your advice.

ezrqtGA_d.jpg

Pa49oaL.jpg

Have you tried the "power cycle" method of repair? You did not say if your SSD is in a PC or laptop.
  1. Crack open your PC and remove the SATA data connection from your SSD, but leave the power in.
  2. Turn on your PC and leave it idling for 30-60 minutes.
  3. Turn off your PC and remove unplug the power from the SSD for at least 30 seconds.
  4. Now you can either repeat steps 2 and 3 (as many times as makes you feel OK) or plug everything back in and try to boot your PC normally.

https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-did-ssd-disappear-from-system

Reactions: P4rad0x
I was using HDD in computer.
I wanted to upgrade to SSD, and without doing much research, we made the wrong choice for Crucial BX500 SSD.
It was a big mistake, and the computer did not turn on and remained on the boot screen before 1 month was up.
Wait, wait...
You upgraded from HDD to SSD and system remained on boot screen for a month?!
Where is OS located in that system? On SSD you upgraded to?
You didn't check, if system was operational after the upgrade?

You still have your HDD. Don't you?
Put your HDD back in the pc.

Reactions: P4rad0x
Sep 2, 2022
Have you tried the "power cycle" method of repair? You did not say if your SSD is in a PC or laptop.
  1. Crack open your PC and remove the SATA data connection from your SSD, but leave the power in.
  2. Turn on your PC and leave it idling for 30-60 minutes.
  3. Turn off your PC and remove unplug the power from the SSD for at least 30 seconds.
  4. Now you can either repeat steps 2 and 3 (as many times as makes you feel OK) or plug everything back in and try to boot your PC normally.
https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-ssd/why-did-ssd-disappear-from-system

I connected the SSD with the power cable as specified. I left it on for about 4 hours. Then I connected the connection normally but it failed. Again, when I check the SSD bios screen or with other disk tools, it is not displayed. It's like it's not connected at all. Do you think this is like a power cycle symptom? If it is a high probability, this may be promising. If the problem is not resolved after 2 and 3 attempts, do I need to try again? Is it likely to be a problem? Since crucial support has been added on the link you shared, could this brand have a chronic problem? Thank you very much for your support and interest.

Wait, wait...
You upgraded from HDD to SSD and system remained on boot screen for a month?!
Where is OS located in that system? On SSD you upgraded to?
You didn't check, if system was operational after the upgrade?

You still have your HDD. Don't you?
Put your HDD back in the pc.

No mate, :) I think there was a misunderstanding. I am using Tower PC.It had HDD in it, I upgraded to SSD. After 2 months, the SSD disk did not start, I encountered the symptom as I mentioned above on the boot screen. The problem here is that the SSD does not start and cannot access the data in it. Making the SSD somehow appear on the computer. And the data in it needs to be recovered with the help of recovery or I need to be able to access the data somehow.Does anyone have this problem with Crucial BX500 SSD at the same time? I wanted to know what is the solution.
Thank you very much for your support and interest.

I think that 4 hours should be more than enough time for the SSD to repair its "mapping tables", assuming that its NAND flash hasn't degraded to the point where critical firmware components are beyond rescue.

These Silicon Motion based SSDs typically have ROM mode test points which can be jumpered with tweezers at power-on. This forces the SSD into a kind of safe mode whereby it identifies itself with its Silicon Motion alias. It doesn't give you access to your data, but it tells you whether the flash controller has basic sanity.

https://www.ocinside.de/media/uploads/crucial_bx500_240gb_480gb_1tb_ssd_9.jpg (PCB photo)
http://vlo.name:3000/hw/ssd/rommode/sm2259xt_rom.png (ROM mode ID)

I think the ROM mode shorting points are the square (1) and round pads immediately above the cut-out at the RHS of the PCB, but I can't be sure.