Review Crucial BX500 SSD Review: The DRAMless Invasion Continues (Updated)

logainofhades

Titan
Doesn't appear to be a great alternative to other drives already on the market. I'd rather spend the extra on an MX500 for the better warranty alone. I use a 1tb MX500, for extra storage, in my laptop. If you can use M.2 NVME, and are on a tight budget, though, the 660p is kind of a no brainer. I have had no complaints, with system performance, with the 1tb, that I have in my desktop.

Reactions: King_V

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Doesn't appear to be a great alternative to other drives already on the market. I'd rather spend the extra on an MX500 for the better warranty alone. I use a 1tb MX500, for extra storage, in my laptop. If you can use M.2 NVME, and are on a tight budget, though, the 660p is kind of a no brainer. I have had no complaints, with system performance, with the 1tb, that I have in my desktop.
especially when the mx500 is only $5 more on amazon and newegg

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, I am confused between Crucial BX500 960GB (₹6770) vs Intel 660P 1TB (₹9500) as my gaming drive. I use Samsung 970 evo 500GB as my boot drive and I have installed all applications in it except games. Will my game load time decrease if I consider Intel over Crucial? Is Intel worth the price difference and is it reliable as Crucial?

Nov 20, 2019
On the crucial website they report that the SSD has SLC write acceleration. This led us to think that he had NAND SLC memories when he actually has TLC. They has no respect the consumer.

Moises Levy from Osório/RS - Brazil.