[SOLVED] Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 doesn't work in PCIe 3.0 x4 transfer mode

Feb 8, 2021
Hi,

I have Crucial CT1000P1 M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 on my motherboard MSI X99 SLI PLUS which is PCIe 3.0 x4 ready. CPU is Intel I7-5820k. Unfortunately Crystal Disk info shows my SSD is running on PCIe 2.0 x2. I also have my RTX in slot 1 x16 and in slot 6 sound blaster sound card. Obviously I have tried without sound card and still PCIe 2.0 x2. BIOS is set to PCH and even tried to change PEGX from AUTO to Gen 3 but still no success. BIOS is up to date 7885v1F2(Beta version). Firmware on my SSD - up to date

I have tested drive in Crystal Disk Mark and reads/writes up to 800MB/s. Only way to improve my results is to turn on Momentum Cash but that not solve my problem. By the manufacturer this drive should read up to 2000MB/s and write up to 1700MB/s.
I have unplugged all USB devices (does not make any sense but still) also apart graphics card PCIe slots empty and still no joy.

Any ideas how to force this Crucial drive to work in PCIe 3.0 x4 transfer mode using my X99 motherboard? I did run out of ideas :(

Solution
I did that too. Just forgot to mention that. But thanks anyway. Is it possible beta BIOS version may cause that problem? I am not keen to downgrade my BIOS but seems like I have no other options

EDIT:
I have tried most of BIOS versions available and still nothing. I don't think I will buy MSI motherboard ever again :/
Just for yuks
Run the defrag and optimize app.
Select the ssd and click on optimize.
Run cdm again.

If no help reseat the ssd in the m.2 slot.....test.
Hi,

I have Crucial CT1000P1 M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 on my motherboard MSI X99 SLI PLUS which is PCIe 3.0 x4 ready. CPU is Intel I7-5820k. Unfortunately Crystal Disk info shows my SSD is running on PCIe 2.0 x2. I also have my RTX in slot 1 x16 and in slot 6 sound blaster sound card. Obviously I have tried without sound card and still PCIe 2.0 x2. BIOS is set to PCH and even tried to change PEGX from AUTO to Gen 3 but still no success. BIOS is up to date 7885v1F2(Beta version). Firmware on my SSD - up to date

I have tested drive in Crystal Disk Mark and reads/writes up to 800MB/s. Only way to improve my results is to turn on Momentum Cash but that not solve my problem. By the manufacturer this drive should read up to 2000MB/s and write up to 1700MB/s.
I have unplugged all USB devices (does not make any sense but still) also apart graphics card PCIe slots empty and still no joy.

Any ideas how to force this Crucial drive to work in PCIe 3.0 x4 transfer mode using my X99 motherboard? I did run out of ideas :(
Get the latest chip set driver.....install and test.
Get the latest intel management engine driver.....install and test.

Feb 8, 2021
Get the latest chip set driver.....install and test.
Get the latest intel management engine driver.....install and test.

I did that too. Just forgot to mention that. But thanks anyway. Is it possible beta BIOS version may cause that problem? I am not keen to downgrade my BIOS but seems like I have no other options

EDIT:
I have tried most of BIOS versions available and still nothing. I don't think I will buy MSI motherboard ever again :/

Last edited:

EDIT:
Just for yuks
Run the defrag and optimize app.
Select the ssd and click on optimize.
Run cdm again.

If no help reseat the ssd in the m.2 slot.....test.

Solution