[SOLVED] Crucial M.2 NVME SSD causing BSOD.

joeyppeters

Commendable
Oct 17, 2018
I've had my new PC for about six months now, for I say the last month or so my PC has been getting intermittent BSOD shutdowns. However, now the BSOD are becoming more and more frequent. I think I've tracked the culprit down as my 500 GB M.2 Crucial NVME SSD. Sometimes my PC refuses to boot Windows until I perform a power surge and sometimes Windows will not recognize the drive at all. I have attempted numerous troubleshooting steps on my own, however, I am lost and can't seem to figure out the issue. I dread this being a hardware failure because this drive cost me a lot of money that saved up for this PC.

My troubleshooting so far:
Ran multiple diagnostic tools to verify the health of my drives (All in good health)
used chkdsk and sfc scannow to verify my drives (found errors but corrected them)
Ran multiple virus, malware, rootkit scans etc. (PC is clean as a whistle, no major viruses other than a few PUP's which were promptly eliminated)
Checked my CPU and GPU stability (They're fine.)
Ran RAM Diagnostics (No problems detected.)
Looked into firmware updates for the SSD (All firmware is up to date.)

My system Specifications:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
SSD1 (Drive C ): Crucial M.2 NVME SSD
SSD2 (Drive F): WD 1 TB SATA SSD
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
GPU: RADEON RX 570
PSU: EVGA 400W

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS