Crucial M4 256gb vs Kingston HyperX 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
kingston is faster than m4 but not reliable as marvel's conteroller!;)

but there is another option! :)

samsung 830 series and corsair performance pro series!

both are FAST! REALY FAST and reliable!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/ssd-drives/zardon/corsair-performance-pro-256gb-ssd-review/

armand_h

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
kingston is faster than m4 but not reliable as marvel's conteroller!;)

but there is another option! :)

samsung 830 series and corsair performance pro series!

both are FAST! REALY FAST and reliable!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/ssd-drives/zardon/corsair-performance-pro-256gb-ssd-review/

Solution

wshinds

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
I cancelled the HyperX, and cringed while I did it. So thank you all for the input thus far. I am really attracted to the Samsung SSD for a few reasons:

1) Many SSD's in the first iteration of consumer drives 3 years back actually used Samsung hardware (before Marvel and Sandforce and all of that).
2) At that time, you actually couldn't get a Samsung Drive unless it was with an OEM system.

I also have always loved Corsair. I have a number of their SATA II drives in my system. And a SATA 3 C300 as my boot drive. Building a new system with a CaseLabs TH10 which arrives this Friday and looking for some more zoom.

What is the "Sandforce" error/bug I've started to hear about? Are the Corsair/Samsung series drives recommended here ... above that issue/glitch? Now I am nervous to "buy"

armand_h

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
as long as i know the problem is buggy Sandforce (firmware) controller issue ,which causes system instability, bsod and at last death of ssd!

I'm using Corsair performance pro with marvell controller on steroids! :D:D

it's reliable like any other marvell based SSD's, and fast! everything runs smoothly!

samsung 830 and performance pro both are good SSD's!
it's up to you which to buy!:)

i like corsair because of built quality and customer care and support and product durability!

i have first gen corsair SSD which i use it as USB drive and it still works! + 2 corsair F40 which i bought for friend more than year ago!

BUT If you have any doubts about corsair SSD's i recommend you to buy samsung 830! ;)

Merry christmas! :)

wshinds

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Well gentlemen, thank you ALL for the great advice. As I already own 3 Corsair SSD's, a P256, X128 and one of their more recent P256 (still SATA 2 but newer rev) I went with 2 Performance Pro 256's. I opted for the dual drives instead of the single 512 for ... data integrity safety reasons.

And Jack, thank you for the coupon code, I almost went with the Sammy drives...

don2xify

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

what do you mean by tier? is tier 1 better than tier 2? and tier 2 better than tier 3?

Dakir

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
HyperX blasts any of them in speed for what you pay . I have the 120gb version(Hyperx) and it is blazing fast. Highly recommended. No bsod, I use it as my main drive and put everything on it, no lame HDD for me all SSD speed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.