Crucial M500 Vs Samsung 840 EVO

gunmetal90

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
I want to buy a 480/500gb ssd(boot drive) and a 960/tb ssd(games and other apps).The crucial m500 is a little cheaper than the evo on amazon.The review's and benchmarks say that the evo is faster than the m500.Will i notice it in real life?the boot time is the main concern.
Thank You :)

Solution
I run a 512 GB Samsung 840 Pro and LOVE IT! As of right now, just as Chickenator says, Samsung is the best of the best. We are not alone in this thinking as well. Pretty much every review of SSD's has placed the Samsung at the top. I definitely won't hesitate to buy another as soon as my wallet can handle it. LOL

Chickenator

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
If your budget allows for it, i would choose the Samsung 840 EVO. It's a very good SSD (actually the best out there, atm) If you try to see the difference, then yes, you will notice it. I don't think there will be alot of difference, but it's up to you how much you are willing to spend.

I don't think you will need 1tb just for games and other apps, but suit yourself.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crucial-m500-1tb-ssd,3551-13.html Read about them here, if you want.

I run a 512 GB Samsung 840 Pro and LOVE IT! As of right now, just as Chickenator says, Samsung is the best of the best. We are not alone in this thinking as well. Pretty much every review of SSD's has placed the Samsung at the top. I definitely won't hesitate to buy another as soon as my wallet can handle it. LOL

Solution