Crucial m500 vs Samsung EVO

infamous070605

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I wanna upgrade my computer and most of people say upgrading to SSD would be a good upgrade. . So im choosing between this two SSD's the samsung has a much higher price point, So im wondering if it is worth it? would i be able to notice the difference since im only a first time SSD user? I hope you guys could help me decide. . Thanks in advance.

Well as far as an upgrade that you'll notice a difference and feel like it was worth the money and time, I don't think you'll find a better one than going from a HDD to SDD.

I have a Samsung 840 EVO 500GB. Fantastic upgrade. The included Samsung Magician is a definite bonus, probably the best included software of any SSD. As far as performance wise I think it comes out ahead of the Crucial drive your looking at by a small margin. For the average desktop user, I doubt you'd tell the difference. You would really need to be doing some storage intensive tasks to be able to tell the difference, other than benchmarks that is. Benchmarks are just for measuring e-penes, or verifying that it's working properly, more for the former usually.

Either way you will be satisfied. The first time you boot to your login screen in less than 10 seconds from POSTing you'll get a smile.

infamous070605

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Is the magician software user friendly? Since its my first time using any SSD and the software itself.

Excellent price. Don't give benchmarks too much weight when it comes to SSD's, unless of course one performs twice as fast as the other. Anything less than 30-50% difference in performance and you'll never be able to notice it. They're so damned fast the differences would be measured in milliseconds.

You won't be sorry when you get it installed. Having Windows boot to the login in seconds rather than almost a minute is a treat.