Crucial MX500 1TB vs Crucial P1 NVME 1TB

joey_1717

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
I just ordered the MX500 1TB for $135 - will be here Monday - and I found out about the Crucial P1 1TB NVME which is listed for only $145 taxes shipping included, and is much cheaper than other NVME drives I looked at.

My new laptop gets here Monday as well (only 128 GB SSD) and I’m looking forward to getting it setup quickly. Is it worth sending the MX500 back to try to get the P1 or is it really something I’ll not likely notice?? Thanks for your thoughts.

- My computer is the XPS 2-1 and will use it for light to medium gaming, iTunes movies/music and other general PC tasks.

Reactions: anttiryt
much likely something you won't notice. Unless you're moving big files around regularly, the difference is a handful of seconds in everyday use and less
furthermore the P1 is a NVMe drive but uses QLC instead of TLC or MLC. QLC is the inferior tech (as of today) as it's slower than TLC/MLC-based drives (Samsung's 970pro is almost twice as fast) and not as durable (200TB TBW for the P1 isn't really stellar, even the MX500 lists 360TB)

you'll be fine.