• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Crucial MX500 250GB variant DRAM

hdgro11

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Does the 250GB variant of the MX500 have DRAM Cache? Or only higher capacities have it? I want a relatively fast SSD to boot, and one that won't slow down with time. There's a great deal right now in my country and I'd fancy myself one of those. I already have mass storage and don't really have money for higher capacities.

RealBeast

Titan
Does the 250GB variant of the MX500 have DRAM Cache? Or only higher capacities have it? I want a relatively fast SSD to boot, and one that won't slow down with time. There's a great deal right now in my country and I'd fancy myself one of those. I already have mass storage and don't really have money for higher capacities.
Yes, all MX have DRAM. The 250GB has 256MB DDR3. The 500GB has 500MB DDR3 and so on -- each has an equal MB capacity of DRAM for its GB NAND size.

I've used over a dozen of them in builds when there is a budget because they are fast inexpensive DRAM containing SSDs that perform well and have a 5 year warranty.

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, all MX have DRAM. The 250GB has 256MB DDR3. The 500GB has 500MB DDR3 and so on -- each has an equal MB capacity of DRAM for its GB NAND size.

I've used over a dozen of them in builds when there is a budget because they are fast inexpensive DRAM containing SSDs that perform well and have a 5 year warranty.

ASK THE COMMUNITY