[SOLVED] Crucial MX500 250GB variant DRAM

hdgro11

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Does the 250GB variant of the MX500 have DRAM Cache? Or only higher capacities have it? I want a relatively fast SSD to boot, and one that won't slow down with time. There's a great deal right now in my country and I'd fancy myself one of those. I already have mass storage and don't really have money for higher capacities.

Solution
Does the 250GB variant of the MX500 have DRAM Cache? Or only higher capacities have it? I want a relatively fast SSD to boot, and one that won't slow down with time. There's a great deal right now in my country and I'd fancy myself one of those. I already have mass storage and don't really have money for higher capacities.
Yes, all MX have DRAM. The 250GB has 256MB DDR3. The 500GB has 500MB DDR3 and so on -- each has an equal MB capacity of DRAM for its GB NAND size.

I've used over a dozen of them in builds when there is a budget because they are fast inexpensive DRAM containing SSDs that perform well and have a 5 year warranty.

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, all MX have DRAM. The 250GB has 256MB DDR3. The 500GB has 500MB DDR3 and so on -- each has an equal MB capacity of DRAM for its GB NAND size.

I've used over a dozen of them in builds when there is a budget because they are fast inexpensive DRAM containing SSDs that perform well and have a 5 year warranty.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS