[SOLVED] Crucial MX500 Firmware Update Error

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Hello, I'm trynna update the firmware of my Crucial MX500 to the latest one which was released 3 days ago from the website of Crucial, this is the problem that I am getting every time I try to manually update it. Is there any way to fix it? Also when I try to update the Storage Executive to 6.06, it still goes back to 6.04.

unknown.png

Solution
My point was that the ISO does not appear to contain the actual firmware component. Usually you get a Linux OS, an updater utility, plus the firmware payload. I found Tiny Core Linux and the msecli updater tool, but not the firmware.
Mine for MX500 says - firmware not available. Error while checking for firmware updates.
It's possible, wrong update was made available and now it has been pulled.

And Storage Executive update to 6.06 is successful. It just offers the same update again. Check About link in Storage Executive.

Well - it offers 6.06.062020.06 version, but you get 6.06.062020.05 download instead.

Last edited:
That download is in zip format. You have to unzip it first.
Then you get iso file. You have to make bootable media from that iso file.
Boot from bootable media to apply firmware update.

For me personally - that's too much hassle. I'll just wait until update is available in Storage Executive and update from there.

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
That download is in zip format. You have to unzip it first.
Then you get iso file. You have to make bootable media from that iso file.
Boot from bootable media to apply firmware update.

Yeah I know, although you need to use the zip file since the Storage Executive does not accept the iso file. Anyways, I'll just wait till it get fixed, thanks anyways for trying to help.

Sep 30, 2020
Same issues here. my Mx500 with firmware v ...22 will not update to ...23. I need this for the raid error in the drives (mentioned on the site), which hangs the server on warm reboot.
All the available update methods fail. Last week Crucial support said they are aware of the issue, but no solutions ready yet.

Sep 30, 2020
Even if you do get the iso file program to boot and run, the current version they offer, refuses to update the firmware. It says "current firmware on drive not need update" or so it says. At present its all a cluster f.