Question Crucial mx500 or Adata xpg sx8200 Pro

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Converted to USD, these two ssd's are priced in my region (HK) at:
Crucial mx500 500gb: $70
Adata xpg sx8200 pro: $90
I was originally going with the adata xpg sx8200 pro, but then upgraded another component by quite a bit, and now looking to cut costs elsewhere. The storage was the only real place to do it, without making significant changes and I already had the mx500 in mind. Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f7Y7xG.
I realize the adata nvme ssd is a lot faster than the crucial mx500, though my main question is how much the speed will affect overall performance and feel. When booting, downloading, playing games or just using the computer in general, how noticeable is it and is it worth the $20?

Would it just be better to stick with the fast adata nvme ssd?

popatim

Titan
See now to me that isn't why I would with the Mx500. There aren't enough 'reviews' of the Adata's sold on sites like Amazon and Newegg to say anything about their quality & reliability IMO. I would go Mx500 purely based on Warranty support. Crucial is easy for me here in the US while Adata requires me to ship the product back to Taiwan at my expense. No thanks.

You being in HK might want to spend the little more for the Adata especially if it is easier for you to return if there's a problem later.

Reactions: Hypoltan

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The devil you know vs the devil you don't. The Crucial is known as a good and reliable ssd that's quality built, backed and performs. With so little data and reliable reviews on the Adata, it's going to be hit or miss and you'll not find out until you've owned it for a minute.

And while Amazon, newegg and other sites have a large population of buyers leaving reviews, 'just got it, works great' tells me nothing, and it's very, very rare you get an update 2 years later saying it's still going strong or just quit. And of course the numerous and very informative 'super fast shipping!' or 'got a great deal at a good price' are always a bonus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypoltan

Hypoltan

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
See now to me that isn't why I would with the Mx500. There aren't enough 'reviews' of the Adata's sold on sites like Amazon and Newegg to say anything about their quality & reliability IMO. I would go Mx500 purely based on Warranty support. Crucial is easy for me here in the US while Adata requires me to ship the product back to Taiwan at my expense. No thanks.

You being in HK might want to spend the little more for the Adata especially if it is easier for you to return if there's a problem later.
Sounds good. I actually read this 30 seconds before buying it.

TRENDING THREADS