Question Crucial P2 1TB SSD is shown in BIOS but not in Windows Disk Management ?

skeptiik

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
Hi all,

My new Crucial P2 1TB SSD just will not show in windows (both device manager and disk disk management). I currently have a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive that works fine, but the P2 will not.

The P2 shows in the BIOS and passes the tests the BIOS can do on it, but after much troubleshooting it refuses to show in Windows.
I have also put it in a different system (Asus Z370-H, i7 8700k) which it worked fine, was detectable in windows and even created a partition on.
Ive tried swapping the Samsung M.2 drive with the P2 (Samsung works in both slots, P2 shows in BIOS in both slots but not windows)
Another user on here recommended re-installing the SATA AHCI Controller in Device manager which didnt work.

Full System Specs:

Asus STRIX B550-E
Ryzen 9 5900X
MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
32GB Corsair Vengeance rgb pro
120GB Samsung EVO SATA Drive
1TB Samsung 970 pro SATA Drive
500GB Samsung NVME 960 EVO M.2 Drive

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you get back to us and state what SATA ports are populated on your motherboard? Which M.2 slots are the M.2 SSD's populating, considering that the motherboard has ports designation and naming for each slot. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Since you're working with a Crucial drive, try and install Crucial's Storage Executive and see if your results are the same.

On a side note, what version are you on for your OS? You can right click Start>Left click System and the version should come up at the bottom of the new window. NVMe drivers for your Samsung M.2 drives installed?

skeptiik

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
Can you get back to us and state what SATA ports are populated on your motherboard? Which M.2 slots are the M.2 SSD's populating, considering that the motherboard has ports designation and naming for each slot. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Since you're working with a Crucial drive, try and install Crucial's Storage Executive and see if your results are the same.

On a side note, what version are you on for your OS? You can right click Start>Left click System and the version should come up at the bottom of the new window. NVMe drivers for your Samsung M.2 drives installed?
Applogies, forgot about these details

Windows version: 19043.1202
BIOS version: 2407
Crucial P2 in M.2 Slot 1
Samsung NVME drive in M.2 Slot 2
(Ive drive swapping them twice)
SATA slots in use: 1 and 3
Crucial Storage Executive doesn't detect the drive (nor the Samsung NVME drive for that matter

Dec 11, 2021
Hi all,

My new Crucial P2 1TB SSD just will not show in windows (both device manager and disk disk management). I currently have a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive that works fine, but the P2 will not.

The P2 shows in the BIOS and passes the tests the BIOS can do on it, but after much troubleshooting it refuses to show in Windows.
I have also put it in a different system (Asus Z370-H, i7 8700k) which it worked fine, was detectable in windows and even created a partition on.
Ive tried swapping the Samsung M.2 drive with the P2 (Samsung works in both slots, P2 shows in BIOS in both slots but not windows)
Another user on here recommended re-installing the SATA AHCI Controller in Device manager which didnt work.

Full System Specs:

Asus STRIX B550-E
Ryzen 9 5900X
MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
32GB Corsair Vengeance rgb pro
120GB Samsung EVO SATA Drive
1TB Samsung 970 pro SATA Drive
500GB Samsung NVME 960 EVO M.2 Drive

Having the same issue. My Crucial P2 1TB is showing in bios, the model number, and its storage. But I cannot access it anywhere in windows. And the drive has been working perfectly for the last couple of months, since July 2021, right up until yesterday(Last I accessed anything from the SSD)(Dec 10 2021).
Were you able to solve the issue?

skeptiik

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
Having the same issue. My Crucial P2 1TB is showing in bios, the model number, and its storage. But I cannot access it anywhere in windows. And the drive has been working perfectly for the last couple of months, since July 2021, right up until yesterday(Last I accessed anything from the SSD)(Dec 10 2021).
Were you able to solve the issue?
Unfortunately I never managed to figure it out, ended up giving the P2 to my brother and bought another Samsung drive which has worked fine.

Hope you're able to resolve it :)