[SOLVED] Crucial P2 500Gb not found in BIOS or Windows 10

May 4, 2020
My new build uses 1 m.2 2280 drive, and 2 240Gb SSDs, SSDs work, but why wont my m.2?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASrock B450M-HDV R4.0 (Latest BIOS edition)
Crucial P2 500GB m.2 2280 NVME SSD (Not found in BIOS)
(2x) 240Gb SSDs (Working)
16GB RAM
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8GB ROG STRIX

Bottom line, everything BUT the m.2 2280 drive works? help please!

Solution
After a little while of looking at the disappointing thing, I pulled it out, and plugged it back in, this time, none of the gold is showing, I believe I didn't plug it in correctly... :(
Disk part recognizes the drive, and so did disk management!

popatim

Titan
What are you trying to do with the m2 drive?

Boot from it requires the motherbd be in UEFI mode only, Secure boot on, & CSM usually On as well.

Motherboard wont detect it until the drivers load for it, usually during the windows installation.

So, after checking/changing the bios settings, disconnect the two SSD's and run Windows 10 installer and see if the drive is detected on the 'Where do you want to install to' screen.

May 4, 2020
What are you trying to do with the m2 drive?

Boot from it requires the motherbd be in UEFI mode only, Secure boot on, & CSM usually On as well.

Motherboard wont detect it until the drivers load for it, usually during the windows installation.

So, after checking/changing the bios settings, disconnect the two SSD's and run Windows 10 installer and see if the drive is detected on the 'Where do you want to install to' screen.

So, with you saying all of that, it appears that wasn't the problem, I did exactly as you said, and yet, the installer didn't find the drive, even after I unplugged the SSDs entirely.

:(

popatim

Titan
Ok, instead of running the Windows install, select troubleshoot and navigate to the command prompt and run Diskpart.
Once in Diskpart enter List Disk and see if it comes up.
IF it shows up note the ### the drive is assigned to
enter in Select Disk X (where x is the number)
Enter in Clean All (i'm not sure how long this will take on an NVME drive)
enter in EXIT and retry installing windows.

I'm assuming your install media is made using Mircosofts Media Creation tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ) I've seen enough botched Rufus made media to not bother even trying to fix them.; just use Microsfots tool, no key even needed and its completely free.

May 4, 2020
Ok, instead of running the Windows install, select troubleshoot and navigate to the command prompt and run Diskpart.
Once in Diskpart enter List Disk and see if it comes up.
IF it shows up note the ### the drive is assigned to
enter in Select Disk X (where x is the number)
Enter in Clean All (i'm not sure how long this will take on an NVME drive)
enter in EXIT and retry installing windows.

I'm assuming your install media is made using Mircosofts Media Creation tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ) I've seen enough botched Rufus made media to not bother even trying to fix them.; just use Microsfots tool, no key even needed and its completely free.

Sadly, it appears isnt showing up in diskpart, I wonder if it has something to do with it being a m.2 drive???

May 4, 2020
After a little while of looking at the disappointing thing, I pulled it out, and plugged it back in, this time, none of the gold is showing, I believe I didn't plug it in correctly... :(
Disk part recognizes the drive, and so did disk management!

Solution