News Crucial P5 1TB SSD Drops to $119 at Amazon

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Not much of a guarantee.
Thats 600 R/W cycles, that is much better than the other QLC drives out there, some only doing 100 R/W cycles (Inland Platinum/Premium), WHile Intel 660p offers 200 R/W and the 665P offers 300 R/W. Shoot the Samsung SSD 980 Pro offers the same endurance so I am not sure what you mean by not much of a guarentee. For the money and performance i am sure tempted, I need to go review power consumption figures though before I pull the trigger. Its pretty much this price at all retailers currently (Microcenter, newegg, bestbuy, adorama, etc..).

It is a good price for this drive, but I am half considering trying to get the 665p 1tb for $83 if I can find it again as I am not sure I will appreciate the extra performance or endurance especially if the 665p power use is better.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Thats 600 R/W cycles, that is much better than the other QLC drives out there, some only doing 100 R/W cycles (Inland Platinum/Premium), WHile Intel 660p offers 200 R/W and the 665P offers 300 R/W. Shoot the Samsung SSD 980 Pro offers the same endurance so I am not sure what you mean by not much of a guarentee. For the money and performance i am sure tempted, I need to go review power consumption figures though before I pull the trigger. Its pretty much this price at all retailers currently (Microcenter, newegg, bestbuy, adorama, etc..).

It is a good price for this drive, but I am half considering trying to get the 665p 1tb for $83 if I can find it again as I am not sure I will appreciate the extra performance or endurance especially if the 665p power use is better.
He was pointing out a typo. 600 TBW stands for 600 TeraBytes Written, but the article says it stands for 600 total bytes written. 600 bytes would be a pretty terrible reliability rating.

Reactions: Chrys and cyrusfox

cyrusfox

Distinguished
He was pointing out a typo. 600 TBW stands for 600 TeraBytes Written, but the article says it stands for 600 total bytes written. 600 bytes would be a pretty terrible reliability rating.
Ha, I didn't even notice that, I immediatly saw Terabytes.
Anyways I think strong pass on this drive for a laptop use, high power and temp use compared to other m.2 drives for the research I have done. Perfect for desktops though and decent speed for the price.

Reactions: Chrys