Review Crucial P5 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Premium Design, Meh Performance

Co BIY

Splendid
I think it would be worth while to run the 1TB version vs the 2TB by placing each as a competitor into the others review heat. That way we not only see how it compares to the same size competition but how they stack up head to head.

Then you can see the choices easily - The drive against the competitors and against itself.

and you get to publish hard earned data twice for more views!

From what I've seen, nothing beats the Corsair Force NVMe drive. It has a read/write rating of 4950MBps/4950MBps. Of course, it only gets those speeds with PCI-Express 4.0 so ATM only AMD can really take advantage of it.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
From what I've seen, nothing beats the Corsair Force NVMe drive. It has a read/write rating of 4950MBps/4950MBps. Of course, it only gets those speeds with PCI-Express 4.0 so ATM only AMD can really take advantage of it.

That may be so for sequential but the Force series does not have the highest random read/write speeds out there...

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
I think it would be worth while to run the 1TB version vs the 2TB by placing each as a competitor into the others review heat. That way we not only see how it compares to the same size competition but how they stack up head to head.

Then you can see the choices easily - The drive against the competitors and against itself.

and you get to publish hard earned data twice for more views!
That's a good idea, but can get tricky. I wish we could simply update a database for easy to make charts. I will try to include the next closest capacity in with the updated capacity under test, though.

Well, the 1TB Seagate FireCuda 520 and the 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 are identical to the Corsair Force MP600, so they all perform the same. You can swap the names for the corsair in the benchmarks above if you want to see how it compares. Samsung's 980 PRO is now out and a few more Gen4 devices are on the way. The Phison PS5016-E16 NVMe controller powering thOse drives is no longer top dog.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
That's a good idea, but can get tricky. I wish we could simply update a database for easy to make charts. I will try to include the next closest capacity in with the updated capacity under test, though.

Well, the 1TB Seagate FireCuda 520 and the 2TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 are identical to the Corsair Force MP600, so they all perform the same. You can swap the names for the corsair in the benchmarks above if you want to see how it compares. Samsung's 980 PRO is now out and a few more Gen4 devices are on the way. The Phison PS5016-E16 NVMe controller powering thOse drives is no longer top dog.
I believe you. I know that memory is only made by a few companies like Samsung, Hynix and Micron so it would make sense that their top-end products wouldn't just go to Corsair. The Team T-Force CARDEA is pretty close too with theoretical read/write limits of 5000/4400.

Jeez, these numbers are getting so big that they're starting to lose all meaning! :D