Crucial SSD Freezing

Mar 31, 2018
My Crutial BX 300 SSD Will Freeze for about 30 seconds randomly, if i am in chrome I can still move my mouse but clicking on something doesn't open until it unfreezes about 30-45 seconds later. I can still here sound and but its whatever sound was playing before the freeze. I can tell its my SSD because I reinstalled windows on my hard drive and it worked fine. I also have tried downloading to storage app from crucial but it doesn't help. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Solution
I wonder if the harddrive has gone to sleep from lack of use and is spinning back up. In Advanced Power plan setting, set the HDD to never sleep/spindown and see if that helps

Run 'Powercfg.cpl', click 'Change Plan Settings' that is next to your selected power plan, click 'Change Advance Power Setting' , and in the HDD section, set 'Turn off HDD' to Never

Please keep in mind that some HDD's have an internal sleep timer that cannot be overridden by this setting, such as WD Green drives.

popatim

Titan
I wonder if the harddrive has gone to sleep from lack of use and is spinning back up. In Advanced Power plan setting, set the HDD to never sleep/spindown and see if that helps

Run 'Powercfg.cpl', click 'Change Plan Settings' that is next to your selected power plan, click 'Change Advance Power Setting' , and in the HDD section, set 'Turn off HDD' to Never

Please keep in mind that some HDD's have an internal sleep timer that cannot be overridden by this setting, such as WD Green drives.

Solution