[SOLVED] Crucial Technology DRAM 32g 2133mhz

Netframed

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys i turned the voltage up in bios to 1.35 and changed DRAM to 2600mhz, its working stable task manager and CPUZ saying its at 2600mhz, i just wanna ask have i done this right? my first time overclocking

Solution
You are overclocking ram not rated for the speeds you are trying to use and very unlikely to be changing the timings as you increased the speed and voltage. You need to read up on memory overclocking before you proceed so you don't damage your memory modules. You can likely get decent overclock out of your ram, but don't expect more than 3000MT/s at CL16 1.4v.
Hi guys i turned the voltage up in bios to 1.35 and changed DRAM to 2600mhz, its working stable task manager and CPUZ saying its at 2600mhz, i just wanna ask have i done this right? my first time overclocking
Yes, most DDR4 require at least 1.35v above 2133-2400MHz. but can safely take much more.
PS. What RAM on what CPU and MB ? There are other parameters like Cas and other latency and settings that affect RAM performance.

32gram ddr4, mobo is ASRock 170zm pro4s, CPU Intel core 6700k GTX 1080.

I got to 2800mhz, crashed at 3200 with 1.5v is there anyway to get 3200 lol
What is the memory kit model you are using? You shouldn't just increase the memory speed and voltage without changing the timings if they're not on automatic. 3200MT/s should never need 1.5v to work unless you are using extremely low timings.

Reactions: CountMike
You are overclocking ram not rated for the speeds you are trying to use and very unlikely to be changing the timings as you increased the speed and voltage. You need to read up on memory overclocking before you proceed so you don't damage your memory modules. You can likely get decent overclock out of your ram, but don't expect more than 3000MT/s at CL16 1.4v.

Solution