Crucial Updates Storage Executive - Now with Momentum Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I don't even care about the Momentum part, will it finally even perform normal firmware updates on non-boot device? Samsung Rapid will only work on the boot device but you can still flash firmware on ANY drive in the system.

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
I installed this last night for my 960GB M500 and, at least in synthetics, it blew the doors off. In ATTO, I got up past 4 GB/s, but did notice a severe drop in performance, to 800 MB/s, at around 128 to 256 MB file sizes. Speeds recovered, albeit slowly, after that.

Overall it is a very nice piece of software. Also, I was finally able to flash to MU05 (from MU03) firmware using this software. Before it would just sit there in DOS with "downloading."

aarb

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
I don't even care about the Momentum part, will it finally even perform normal firmware updates on non-boot device? Samsung Rapid will only work on the boot device but you can still flash firmware on ANY drive in the system.

It will do firmware updates on a non-boot device. I'm disappointed that it won't use Momentum cache.

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014

Works just fine for me and I haven't opened the executive software in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.