CrunchPad 'joojoo' is $499, For Sale on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I don't know...I see lawsuits flying between these to guys. Not sure I want to spend $500.00 on a company that seems unstable at the moment.

kri77777

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
$500 isn't that bad for this device. Considering a netbook without a touchscreen is $200-$300, and touchscreens are a bit expensive, that price seems pretty fair. After all, an iPod touch costs $200 and has a much smaller touch screen.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I personally couldn't justify spending $500 on new tech that may have unauthorized IP - rendering the device useless after all the lawsuits are settled.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I think the price kills it. You can have a netbook for that price that is faster and has more features. I know their target audience is different, but, again, the price is the killer. I could see this technology taking off at the 250-350 price point. Essentially it is a glorified eReader.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
More importantly, what natural history museum is the guy in the picture on loan from? He's moved on from rubbing two sticks straight to pc tablets?

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]More importantly, what natural history museum is the guy in the picture on loan from? He's moved on from rubbing two sticks straight to pc tablets?[/citation]
lol

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]More importantly, what natural history museum is the guy in the picture on loan from? He's moved on from rubbing two sticks straight to pc tablets?[/citation]
sry for double post:
"So easy, a caveman could do it" - Geico

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]More importantly, what natural history museum is the guy in the picture on loan from? He's moved on from rubbing two sticks straight to pc tablets?[/citation]lol, The lovechild of Dr. Suresh from "Heroes" and a Geico cavewoman unveil an overpriced netbook that doesn't close.

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]Regardless of the excuses Chandra is giving, the product still legally belongs to Michael and this is theft.[/citation]

Do you have facts to back this up, or just Michael's statment?

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]erikstarcher[/nom]Do you have facts to back this up, or just Michael's statment?[/citation]

facts or not, we know a legal battle is coming, as the whole situation reeks of questionable practices

Add 3G voice/data and Bluetooth and I'd snag one of these on a heartbeat. Especially if it can be recognized as a removable drive and doesn't require proprietary iSoftware and mandatory purchases from an iTailer.

tat2demon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
"Michael made many promises suggesting he will deliver on hardware, software and funding, none of which came true."

What exactly did Fusion Garage plan to bring into this partnership?

G

499 is too expensive.. It doesn't have any input device other than a touchscreen, and perhaps compared to netbooks does not have as many port possibilities (eg: usb ports, VGA, audio?, LAN, or other ports often associated with laptops or netbooks.

The price would only be reasonable if the device had a pretty long battery life (which we estimate it does NOT have), and has a Core2Duo processor,Athlon X2, or faster CPU,and 2 or 4 GB RAM, which it probably will not have.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]kri77777[/nom]$500 isn't that bad for this device. Considering a netbook without a touchscreen is $200-$300, and touchscreens are a bit expensive, that price seems pretty fair. After all, an iPod touch costs $200 and has a much smaller touch screen.[/citation]
Agreed. Not sure why Jane is being so hard on it. Who cares about 3G? Besides, if it has USB ports then you can add 3G.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
dang it, and i dropped 1k on a touch enabled acer aspire....

i would rather have saved the 500 dollars, and i will bet that that thing would have better battery life due to my acer running with a 4570 and c2ds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS