[SOLVED] Crusial RAM came without packaging

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, two weeks ago, I bought Crucial RAM from Newegg (shipped and sold by Newegg). It came in a big envelope. The From address just stated Customer Services with an address. No mention about Newegg. The original label for the To address seemed to have removed and replaced by a new one. Even strange is that although I have not opened the envelope, from the thinness and semi-transparency of the envelope, it looks like somebody just dropped in two RAM in it without any packaging. It is more like opened product without any packaging. How could this happen? Is it common that Crucial RAM does not come with any packaging at all?

Solution
Did you buy used or refurbished RAM? Check the site page again where you bought the RAM and confirm it's new and NOT used/refurbished. If it seems like it should be new, then I would contact newegg about it before opening. All components should come with some form of proprietary packaging.
Did you buy used or refurbished RAM? Check the site page again where you bought the RAM and confirm it's new and NOT used/refurbished. If it seems like it should be new, then I would contact newegg about it before opening. All components should come with some form of proprietary packaging.

Solution

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks. Always buy brand new. Double checked the order history and there is no mention about used or refurbished. I have also bought several RAM from other manufacturers from Newegg and Amazon. Never have had this issue.