Cryorig h7 cooler

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
I am looking into getting the cryorig for my new fx 8350 and so I looked at the install and saw that there's a back plate and I have a thermaltake versa h21 and so the question I have is will I be able to put the back plate on if only 3 of the 4 mounting screws are seen through the back of the motherboard tray. So this case has a pre molded stand offs and so it has the average amount of room under the stand offs, so would I be able to put the back plate in prior to putting the new motherboard in and then once I have all the screws in from what I saw that's all I need is to just put the screws in and then everything is done on the cooler side of the case. Does anyone have this cooler? Tell me if the back plate should fit under the stand offs?

Solution
The backplate should mount to the back of the motherboard, then the cooler mounts screw into it through holes in the motherboard. Effectively creating a sandwich with the motherboard between the cooler and backplate. The screws that fit through the backplate are fairly long, if you can't access all 4 through the motherboard tray for whatever reason then you'll have to remove the motherboard from the case, mount the cooler, then place everything back into the case.

Here's a vid installing the h7 backplate through the motherboard tray cutout on an amd. The backplate is being installed around the 10:00min mark.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jff3e1XgT0"][/video]

The backplate should mount to the back of the motherboard, then the cooler mounts screw into it through holes in the motherboard. Effectively creating a sandwich with the motherboard between the cooler and backplate. The screws that fit through the backplate are fairly long, if you can't access all 4 through the motherboard tray for whatever reason then you'll have to remove the motherboard from the case, mount the cooler, then place everything back into the case.

Here's a vid installing the h7 backplate through the motherboard tray cutout on an amd. The backplate is being installed around the 10:00min mark.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jff3e1XgT0"][/video]

Solution