[SOLVED] Cryorig H7 Cpu Fan

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hi I have bought and placed my new Cryorig h7 in my amd a8 6600k and in the first 2 days, not only it cooled the cpu, but it was cooling the case too, especially from the top of the h7 (where a hole exists). But now, it doesn't, besides I think it cools the same the cpu, it doesn't cool the case. It is not taking out any cold air and the place where it has the small wholes in the case (outside of the top of h7) is not cold. In the beginning it was too cold, almost freezing. Why this happens? Also, after 2 days from when I placed it I cleaned with air the dust in the case. Is it normal? Has something like the thermal paste become hot and it doesn't cool the case? Please tell me!!! And one more question is: does this whole in the top of Cryorig H7 blows air?
Sorry for writing too much but I had to explain everything. Please help me as soon as you can!!!
Thank you...

Solution
Do you mean to say you have the cooler installed so that it blows from bottom to top? Because if so, you have it mounted wrong. It should blow from front to back, so you need to take it back OFF and clean off all the paste and mount it correctly.

The CPU cooler should NOT be involved in airflow THROUGH the case. That is what case fans are for and if you do not have at least one rear exhaust fan (One rear and one top rear exhaust fan are generally MUCH better) and at least one front intake fan (Two would be better) then I'd suggest you might want to revisit your case cooling configuration and add fans as necessary.

10y2tt2.jpg

2008izm.jpg
Do you mean to say you have the cooler installed so that it blows from bottom to top? Because if so, you have it mounted wrong. It should blow from front to back, so you need to take it back OFF and clean off all the paste and mount it correctly.

The CPU cooler should NOT be involved in airflow THROUGH the case. That is what case fans are for and if you do not have at least one rear exhaust fan (One rear and one top rear exhaust fan are generally MUCH better) and at least one front intake fan (Two would be better) then I'd suggest you might want to revisit your case cooling configuration and add fans as necessary.

10y2tt2.jpg

2008izm.jpg

Solution

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
No, I have place it correctly, Actually I had it placed by an expert an it is exactly like the site. I am saying that apart from the fan which is blowing air inside the cooler, the left side of the pc from the my point of view ( where the top of the cooler is) used to get cold but now it doesn't. I thought it was the small hole which blowed a bit air. Does it? And why now it doesn't get cold?

No offense, but I haven't the slightest idea what you're referring to. If you could post some pics it would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful to know what case model you have, what your FULL hardware specifications are for CPU, motherboard model, memory, case fans and power supply, and which way the power supply intake fan is facing, inside the case or towards the vent in the bottom of the case?

*Click here for instructions on how to post images in Tom's hardware forums