Question Cryorig H7 for Ryzen 3600

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I am going to buy the Ryzen 3600 which I will be running on MSI B450 Tomahwak or Gaming Pro Carbon Ac. I dont plan to overclock but I will be playing games and I do live in a fairly hot climate area (India). For this I am thinking of an aftermarket coole, Cryorig H7. Do I need it ? Will I get significant advantage over the wraith stealth cooler ? Also, some guy said that H7 has some sort of curved heatpipe which reduce contact and so should not be used in ryzen 3000 series cpus. Is it true ?

I should say yes. This motherboard give really high voltages and i wasnt able to undervoltage it that much without crashes. I have Ryzen 5 3600 and B450 Tomahawk too with Noctua NH-U12S (2 fans) and in Greece is really hot in the summer too. I see 45-55C at idle or doing something light like web browsing and ~75C at full load. With the stock fan it will be worst (i didnt try it cause i already have the noctua cooler). With gigabyte and Ryzen 7 3700X i see really lower temps and voltages ~60C at full load with same cooler so i believe its the msi bios that work like that. I didnt hear anything like that claim for the H7 but its overall a decent cpu cooler. I would still suggest noctua or be quite cpu coolers.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The stock cooler works okay but the way these chips work is they get a little faster when you provide them with better cooling. A Noctua NH-D15 or Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition are cheaper and cool a little better over an H7, so they would be a better value. The D15 is the best Air cooler on the market and Noctua is a great company to deal with when you have issues.

Reactions: DMAN999

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
The stock cooler works okay but the way these chips work is they get a little faster when you provide them with better cooling. A Noctua NH-D15 or Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition are cheaper and cool a little better over an H7, so they would be a better value. The D15 is the best Air cooler on the market and Noctua is a great company to deal with when you have issues.
There are not much cooler available in my locality. Also no Noctua is available here. The 212 Black edition is more expensive than h7. can u look at here and suggest me one ? https://www.techlandbd.com/cpu-cooling-fan?sort=p.price&order=DESC&limit=50 I can go as much as 3500.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Either of these should be better than the Cryorig H7 (3 pipe cooler):
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU Air Cooler (4 pipe cooler) - 3,500৳
Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P (4 pipe cooler) - 3,000৳

Just be sure to check the dimensions and make sure whichever cooler you choose will fit in your case.
You should also make sure the case you choose has excellent airflow (mesh front cases tend to have the best airflow) and as many case fans as possible to help keep the MB, GPU and CPU as cool as possible.

Last edited:

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
According to this review the Cryorig does cool better than a CM Hyper 212 Evo:

Which means it probably performs about the same as the dual fan CM Hyper 212 Turbo.

So the Cyrorig is a good choice and is smaller as logainofhades pointed out.

Price/Performance is how I define better, prices most likely are not the same for the OP.

At my location

Cryorig H7 $100
Noctua NH-D15 $80
CM Hyper 212 Turbo $55
CM Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition $40

The H7 just doesn't offer a great value for the cooling you get when you compare it to units at half the price.

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
^ Good point.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition (White, dual fan, 4 pipe cooler) that I got for $40 on sale and it looks and works Great for me.
It keeps my 3700x at 32-34c at idle and it maxes out at 60-62c after hours of gaming.

TRENDING THREADS