CRYORIG H7 vS Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have core i7 4790K processor. I am buying a cooler for it. Since I have low budget and I also like led fans so I found these two in affordable price. Please tell me which one is better in terms of two important things:

1. Keep it cool ( Note; I will not overclock it, as I have normal motherboard GA-H81M-HD3, I don't think it supports overclocking)
2. Most importantly I hate loud noise by coolers it makes me headache.

So please recommend which one is better, my personal choice is Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240, but I don't know which is more better and also if you have any other choice which gives very low noise almost near to silent and good performance. I will use GTX 1070Ti or 108Ti in future.
Thanks

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pumps seldom make enough noise to be heard over the sounds produced by the case fans, rad fans and gpu fans combined.

1. Agreed there's no OC on that mobo, so no worries. However, temps will depend on several things, like your ambient temps, case airflow and the cpu usage. The TT 240 has a much higher ceiling for heat dissipation than the H7, so if just gaming and light duty workloads, either will be fine, but if pushing limits like rendering etc where all 8 threads are seeing close to 100% usage for several hours, the higher thermal ceiling of the TT will be of more use.

2) The H7 is quite superior to the hyper212 in every way, especially in little things like mounting. The hyper212 is miserable to get right, and is a pain to get mounted in the first place. It's a very mediocre cooler now, it's only popularity is due to the price. There are better. If you've ever pushed a hyper212 to its limits, that fan is quite loud once it heads over @1200rpm. The H7 is much quieter.

The H7 and TT are 2 different classes of cooler. The TT is built for higher TDP, mostly OC, so as such is far more efficient at lower power levels. This is important to noise because noise is really only created by the fans, and if you aren't getting high temps, the fans aren't spinning fast enough to make much (if any) real volume. The TT will be anything from silent to low hum at best on a non OC i7. The H7 has a much smaller tolerance for heat in comparison, so could possibly get quite audible under heavy loads, especially with bad/mediocre case airflow.

Both H7 and TT tested. There's no comparison. H7 gets roasted in every catagory except price.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjA986mi4PgAhUOeKwKHWaFAOEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eteknix.com%2Fthermaltake-water-3-0-riing-rgb-240-aio-cooler-review%2F&psig=AOvVaw3fhFeIG1phnIuDsBV_cCcO&ust=1548304884909298