Crypto currencies mining - need advise.

yugal0007

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
First of all apologies if this I have posted the question in wrong category; I didn't find any sub category related to mining.

I have recently built a gaming rig for myself and was wondering if I can use it for crypto currency mining for 12 hours a day. Are there any profitability calculators?
Which currency is better? I have heard that mining bitcoin is not so much profitable now. Is it true?

My config:
Ryzen 7 1700
Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3
Ripjaws V DDR4 8GB 2800MHz
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Turbo Overclock 8GB
Corsair CX750 (Gray)

Solution
https://whattomine.com/
Enter 1 for next to GTX 1080 and then click on it, enter your power costs, then click calculate.

Nobody is mining bitcoin on GPUs anymore, hasn't been profitable in a long time. Looks like you can maybe make $1-2 per day (if you're mining 24 hours per day) mining something like ZCash.

The easiest thing to do is use the Nicehash miner, which mines whatever coin is most profitable. The downside to that is that you earn a bit less (as Nicehash takes a cut), they have a minimum payout amount, and you're paid in Bitcoin (not necessarily a bad thing unless you're wanting to hold onto whatever coin you're mining in the case that its value increases).
In your case mining etherium wont work well due to using a GTX 1080, a 1070 would be better. So it would probably be best to look into other coins that being said there are online calculators to calculate hash rate for a model of GPU, and you can do the math of how many watts you will be using to calculate the KWh and multiply that by your electric rate.
Toms have had a few articles on this in the past few months, it all depends on how much you pay per KWh.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
https://whattomine.com/
Enter 1 for next to GTX 1080 and then click on it, enter your power costs, then click calculate.

Nobody is mining bitcoin on GPUs anymore, hasn't been profitable in a long time. Looks like you can maybe make $1-2 per day (if you're mining 24 hours per day) mining something like ZCash.

The easiest thing to do is use the Nicehash miner, which mines whatever coin is most profitable. The downside to that is that you earn a bit less (as Nicehash takes a cut), they have a minimum payout amount, and you're paid in Bitcoin (not necessarily a bad thing unless you're wanting to hold onto whatever coin you're mining in the case that its value increases).

Solution