Factory Intel cpu cooler
I-7 6700
Asus z170 - ar

2 sticks Xpg ddr4 8gig - 16gig total
Evga gtx 1080 ftw
Gv series 600W
Sea gate 2td hdd
Micron 256gig SATA ssd (has windows 10)

Just changed over my mother board and cpu and first boot up comes up with “crypto library internal error” tried to install motherboard drivers but couldn’t figure out how to. On the old build it wouldn’t let me install the new drivers and on the new build it blue screens before I can do anything. Is this driver related?

I tried putting the old build back together and it boots up fine

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you clean install windows on the new hardware?
as since you swapped CPU & MB, its likely the reason.
3 reactions to moving an old install onto new hardware
  1. It works fine
  2. It works but there are errors
  3. It doesn't work at all.
I would clean install win 10.

if you don't have licence linked to an email address now, you might want to try this on the old build first - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-change-2c0e962a-f04c-145b-6ead-fb3fc72b6665

“crypto library internal error”
that isn't a normal error. from a short search, it appears its a hardware error.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Last edited:

ecoxdragz

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2014
Did you clean install windows on the new hardware?
as since you swapped CPU & MB, its likely the reason.
3 reactions to moving an old install onto new hardware
  1. It works fine
  2. It works but there are errors
  3. It doesn't work at all.
I would clean install win 10.

if you don't have licence linked to an email address now, you might want to try this on the old build first - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-change-2c0e962a-f04c-145b-6ead-fb3fc72b6665

that isn't a normal error. from a short search, it appears its a hardware error.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Memtest showed no signs of problems. I tried booting windows from bootable usb drive through the bios and it flashes the windows logo then straight to the same bsod