MotherBoard: ASUS Prime Z370-A II (Intel 9th Gen) DDR4
RAM: Patriot Viper Elite Series 4GB 2400MHz Single Channel Cas 6 DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400 Desktop Processor 6 Cores 2. 90 GHz up to 4. 10 GHz
GPU: ASUS Dual GEFORCE GTX 1070 8GB OC Computer Graphics Card
SSD: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III
PSU: Corsair HXi Series, HX1200i, 1200 Watt, 80+
Case: Mining rack

-PROBLEM-

I can't get this thing to power on for more than about a second at a time. Certain lights for the PCI and other components wink on and then off upon hitting the power switch. I have already replaced the motherboard once, and I will admit I am stumped as to what the problem is. Any ideas as to why it won't work? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Old build mining rig that was working and has suddenly developed the problem or a new build mining rig?

My first thought is a thermal CPU shutdown due to immediate overheating. Thermal paste: brand, how applied?

CPU cooler?

My second thought is a electrical short somewhere in the build.

What are those "certain lights"?

Did you happen to mix and match any PSU modular cables from other PSUs?

Aug 14, 2021
Thermal paste was stock with the CPU so I have no idea what brand that was. CPU cooler is a fan attached directly to it. I can double check for any obvious points of contact that could cause a short, but there are no obvious causes. No I have not mixed and matched PSU cables. The light I reference is the PCI power light winking on and then off. So I know the board itself is receiving power.

I will try what mdd1963 has suggested and remove GPU, disconnect drives, and retest.