News Cryptomining Bust Recovers 500 Graphics Cards, 3,800 PS4 Consoles

USAFRet

Titan
Why? If they owned the hardware, I do not understand what the problem is. I assume that mining crypto is illegal in Ukraine, otherwise the bust makes no sense at all.
"The perpetrators had set up camp in an old warehouse and stealthily tapped into the city's power grid to mine cryptocurrency. "

I think the stealing of electricity was the trigger.

Co BIY

Splendid
Great way to launder criminal proceeds. Have dupes/or associates buy the hardware in the country of contraband sale, buy high value electronic good and ship it to Mining location for creation of untraceable currency.

F-minus

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016
Why? If they owned the hardware, I do not understand what the problem is. I assume that mining crypto is illegal in Ukraine, otherwise the bust makes no sense at all.

Because like majority of those farms, they stole electricity.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
And this people is a perfect example of someone posting without reading the article... or even worse, is in support of stealing (electricity).
Nice...

Jul 10, 2021
It was not illegal about mining crypto but they steal the power - that was illegal

Jul 6, 2021
You didn't read the full article, didn't you? It is mentioned twice that they were stealing electricity directly from the grid.