Crysis 2 in 3D?!?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
For sure, at least the console versions of Crysis will sport some 3D gaming update or playability. With those stunning scenes and visuals, I can imagine the aliens coming at you in 3d and trees falling towards the gamer as well!

One thing for sure though, the 3D update or firmware will most likely take a toll on GPU's and CPU's like crazy. Especially if the PC version will be in DX11.

I guess our new 58xx and gtx4xx will take a hit when new 3d and dx11 games come out!

Solution

Thier sales training does not cover info like that.

You're gonna need to rely on someone who will actually try it.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

This is just a wild guess which I assume will most likely be a consideration if not on launch a possible download!!!! Wouldn't playing this be crazy though on the gaming front on a huge 42 or larger screen?

Hopefully Crytech and EA get this right by eventually releasing a 3d version of the game for those that eventually invest on a 3d lcd or at the very least 3d glasses. I wish regular lcd's could utilize a driver and we would just need the googles instead of having to buy a whole new display(lcd).

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Hmmm interesting, I do know that the PS3 will have 3d glasses out but ONLY for the Bluray movie viewing and thus far no official word on 3d games or firmware updates, which would be a blast!

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

I contest that as I saw a preview of Resident Evil 5 in 3d via Nvidias googles and I think it was using an older GTX285....

Resident Evil and Crysis are pretty far in terms of graphics. RE5 has great graphics, but it's not near Crysis at VeryHigh and definitely nowhere near Crysis with UltraHigh unlocked. I have Crysis and the PC version of RE5, and IMO RE5 maxed out is maybe Crysis at med-high.

A GTX285 that runs RE5 maxed out at 1080p with 75 fps average would probably run Crysis at VeryHigh at 1080p with 25 fps average.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Yeah bluescreendeath has a very valid point, RE5's graphics are no where NEAR what Crysis 2 will be pushing in terms of ultra high end requirements. I say ultra high end because what's the point of gaming in 3d with crappy AA and filtering?

Also, a 285 on Crysis Warhead, DX10, "Gamer" settings for visuals, 2x AA MSAA, pushes 35 FPS on 1920x1200

http://guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-285-review-test/13

However, that may also be in part to the other components:
ASUS X58 ROG edition Rampage II Extreme
Core i7 965 @ 3750 MHz
6144 MB (3x 2048 MB) DDR3 1800 MHz OCZ @ 1500 MHz

notty22

Distinguished
I went to Best Buy to check out the new Panasonic 3D television. It uses lcd shutter glasses. It was Incredible. It was crystal clear blu ray quality , with 3d , can't describe it. Some things look like their in the room with you, like a hologram.
Everyone should check it out for themselves. I'm not used to physically wearing glasses, I don't even wear sunglasses. But you would not get a headache from this picture.
Asked the salesman if this would be compatible with Nvidia's gaming cards, that also use shutter glasses ? He looked like I asked him it in Martian, lol.

ohh my megan fox

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I do not see consoles being able to do 3D seeing that consoles are not equipped well for 3D. 3D is more demanding than 2D and for those that say consoles can barely handle 2D, you make me laugh. 1 GPU can do that when most people who say consoles suck are running a GPU more expensive than a console or running SLI or Crossfire making it in total more than the console or close to it. Well of coarse it wont be AS good, but you have to give some credit to a console. It is a simple an easy way to game. It might not be ready for 3D yet, but consoles are evolving. Modern Warfare 2 is played at 60FPS granted the graphics aren't as good as crisis and you can get more FPS off of your Computer that you dropped a lot of money on. You may be able to hit above 60 FPS on MW2, but at what cost? Spending a ton more money. Of coarse a PC that you pored money into will be able to do that, but it doesn't make any difference in the game until you get to crisis. Crisis is the pinnacle of benchmarks, yet many people believe Crisis 2 will be even more demanding because of better graphics. It won't be more demanding and it will have better graphics. The main reason due to this is the fact that it was the engine used for the game. They are redoing the engine for this game allowing it to run faster and have better graphics and yes they can do that. So actually a card that would be able to play crisis very good now will do even better in crisis 2. This opens up room for NVIDIA owners to be running 3D graphics, which is cool that you can do that, but it comes at a cost. I personally am going to wait and allow the 3D market to settle down. Give it time and the prices will go down like they always do. Though some have the money and want the best and have bragging rights that they are playing in 3D and in half a year the tech is outdated and they go out and upgrade. For ATI users there is a way to get 3D graphics through 1Z3D, which is a program that converts it to 3D. Of coarse you need a good GPU and a correct monitor and it won't be as good as the NVIDIA's tech, but it will still be 3D nonetheless. Crisis 2 will be played on some PCs in 3D, but on consoles it won't be. Consoles currently don't have anything that converts it to 3D, so unless new consoles come out they won't have have 3D. Though just because they don't have 3D doesn't mean you have to completely say they suck because of this or because you can get better frame rates on your pc. Consoles are a cheap, effective, and easy way to game. Most of us are gamers here and should respect everyone the same no matter how we do it, I expect that everyone should be that mature. Sorry for the rant. xD

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Well maybe not with the rsx nvidia 7800 cpu used in the ps3 but perhaps this will happen since there was an article last week stating that some games like gt5 will be in 3d! So you never know!

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

nope you are wrong, apparently for consoles and pc's 3d gaming will be an option, question is how can the gpus and systems cope and what will it take to power the game in 3d! Can you imagine the benches... and how will Ati respond since they dont have 3d!?!

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Well we will see 3d for Crysis 2, and it will be both on consoles AND PC's... interesting

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

Which opens u another topic, it would be nicif Bestbuy or these other stores would hire someone with a technical and gaming knowhow in that certain field and station them there. For instance hiring someone that frequently chats, posts, and replys to articles in Toms would be helpful and it would definitly help the average consumer.

If this were the case, more 3d platforms and Crysis games could be sold

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

No, a GTX285 will run it less than the avg 25-30fps if AA is on 2-4X on Crysis on Very high.