Crysis 2: Lower System Req, Better Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see this one when it comes out. If what they're saying is true, Crysis 2 should play on most modern gaming systems with ease, and look better. I truly hope that's true.

Interested in seeing how they pull this all off in the end.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
"This just in crytek learned that optimization is key to better fps and that everyone doesn't have a 15k dollar quad crossfire system!"

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
...Crysis 2 will have lower system requirements and better graphics than the original Crysis PC game
Didn't the expansion have a lower requirement and better graphics than the original Crysis PC game?

Students can download the standard development engine and tools for free.
Now that is awesome.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
[citation][nom]cptnjarhead[/nom]also - does this mean that the original Crysis could have ran better FPS on higher setting with lesser hardware?[/citation]

New engine. It COULD have (anything could have with better optimization) but its not like they are going to recode the original for the release of a sequel.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
New engine. It COULD have (anything could have with better optimization) but its not like they are going to recode the original for the release of a sequel.
So if that is true.. then they where lazy or motivated by someone or something to push hardware requirements. I'm thinking just lazy.
I think they should revise/recode of the original. Sell it for $20 or so on a cross platform release. Add a couple of new extras. Crysis-Reloaded addition. XBOX,Windows Live, PS3.
Hell they already have the game. Rebagg it and ship it.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
the reality of the situation is that they are programming it for the consoles and releasing it on pc as an inclusion not an exclusive release. So the graphics will be about the same (see the pics of the 360 or ps3 version) as the original but able to be run on a console. Sort of a double edged sword for pc gamers though as the graphics will not be much better (i.e. no tessellation or godrays or whatever for a guess) but it will run better and you wont have to have an i7 965 and quad sli to get 60fps. So six of one in the end...

Darth_Kaar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Good news for all Crysis fans. I enjoyed the orginal Crysis, hope there will be performance improvements they've promised without any noticeable impact on image quality.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Oh how short memories are... When Crytek released Crysis they were all about how good and advanced their engine was and how it would push the hardware envelope. Now with this new engine they claim the same thing and hindsight just proves that the last engine was useless at what it was designed for, to actually run a game, not just create interesting screen shots. As for the game itself I thought the story and narrow maps were outdated and the AI was just useless... who remembers 'Hello, anybody there?... ALARM!!!'?
As the new engine will also be console compatible I guess DX11 won't feature too often either, so I guess its more a case of Deja Vu than out with the old and in with the new.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I have to say, I'd rather them require a wicked system and max that system out.

While the original Crysis engine was by no means perfect, it was very much so "all it could be."

I wish we could have seen that again here.

Jarmo

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I bet the original would have had lower requirements if you'd remove all the trees, bushes and other vegetation. Let's say... an urban setting instead of a jungle? Hey wow, what an optimization feat!

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
What's the matter with you people? If a new engine is better and more efficient than the last one, that means the last one was crap? People come up with new ways of doing things all the time. It's called progress. Geez, get a grip!

Status
Not open for further replies.