Crysis 2 Maximum Graphics Edition Unboxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Lol why buy a new GPU when the game isnt as advanced as 4 yr old crysis. I shall not be upgrading until a game comes out which justifies new hardware. AMD and Nvidia can suck it.

ferelden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
they won't release dx11 on pc until after this fiscal quarter ends. they get a great quarter 2 balance sheet cuz of all the xbox/ps3 sales. q2 ends march 31st, they release dx11 in q3, get a nice pc sales bump for q3. i wouldn't be surprised if the dx11 patch is all prepped and ready to go, they just withholding it for q3. accountants rule the business world.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Lol why buy a new GPU when the game isnt as advanced as 4 yr old crysis. [/citation]

[citation][nom]Carc369[/nom]Crysis 1 has better graphics than 2? Why would someone need to update?[/citation]

Crysis announced that DX11 and DX10 support would be added in at a later date with a patch.

Well that's what a mod said on the Steam forums :|

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ferelden[/nom]they won't release dx11 on pc until after this fiscal quarter ends. they get a great quarter 2 balance sheet cuz of all the xbox/ps3 sales. q2 ends march 31st, they release dx11 in q3, get a nice pc sales bump for q3. i wouldn't be surprised if the dx11 patch is all prepped and ready to go, they just withholding it for q3. accountants rule the business world.[/citation]

Dont you think its absurd paying so much for expensive GPUs, nvm not getting DX11 on a game like crysis 2 at launch. we dont even have a AA slider. We should stand up to AMD and NVidia to tell the devs to treat us better or else simply refuse to buy more hardware.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Carc369[/nom]Crysis 1 has better graphics than 2? Why would someone need to update?[/citation]
it's because they developed the game for consoles....consoles can't keep up, therefore graphics are crappy

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
I saw the gameplay on youtube, from start to end. It’s garbage.

The game is repetitive. No tactics are needed. Just fire at the clumsy aliens (which are childish like Halo dumb characters). It’s even boring. Sustain fire for long enough until they die (with another childish animation).

You have not liberty to wander. Natural environments are gone. You can’t spy on enemy camps and plan how to attack. The game is short.

It’ so boring that many people just run to checkpoints avoiding the fight.

[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Lol why buy a new GPU when the game isnt as advanced as 4 yr old crysis. I shall not be upgrading until a game comes out which justifies new hardware. AMD and Nvidia can suck it.[/citation]
yeah, the 4 year old crysis was great when it came out.... couldn't even play it on max settings until 3 years later when powerful enough gfx cards came out. plus it wasnt exactly a great game. They probably realised they could have sold more copies of crysis 1 if it could run on lower end hardware. Crysis 2 seems well optimised and im sure the full version will have higher res textures and more eye candy than the demo. The demo was obviously more like a beta demo than a demo of the full game as they were still fixing bugs. Why would anyone make a game that can only run on high end hardware and sell less copies? If your a gamer that likes eye candy buy a super high res monitor or eyefinity setup, then you will need to upgrade your gfx card.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
@iam2thecrowe

Its not like the 1st crysis didnt sell well. It sold 3.5m as of may 2010. Which is as good as any console exclusive.

Question is we buy such expensive GPUs, yet in the latest games we arent even getting an option to control AA simply sad how PC gamers are being treated of late. AMD and Nvidia should be focusing on getting software support for all the hardware they are selling us.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]yeah, the 4 year old crysis was great when it came out.... couldn't even play it on max settings until 3 years later when powerful enough gfx cards came out. plus it wasnt exactly a great game. They probably realised they could have sold more copies of crysis 1 if it could run on lower end hardware. Crysis 2 seems well optimised and im sure the full version will have higher res textures and more eye candy than the demo. The demo was obviously more like a beta demo than a demo of the full game as they were still fixing bugs. Why would anyone make a game that can only run on high end hardware and sell less copies? If your a gamer that likes eye candy buy a super high res monitor or eyefinity setup, then you will need to upgrade your gfx card.[/citation]

Well, they can at least have low settings if it has super high requirements right? Then u still able to play the game with graphics standard like the current crysis 2. So, u have the option to choose extreme graphics, which even the current 6990 has hard time keeping at 30fps. This crysis 2 is not well optimised, it's just console ported, end of story.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
how the hell do you "patch in" DX10 and DX11?

Honestly, crytek and other devs have to learn that we're not gonna buy up their crap until they actually start programming for the PC and utilize my hardware to its full potential. If i wanted a crappy xbox game I'd have bought one.

Waiting till battlefield 3 and D3...

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Meh! Still keeping the 4870x2 in my i7 rig.

It's still not worth the upgrade. Maybe the 7 series Ati cards will be worth it. I have never skipped 2 generations before..... 4870x2 still rocks.

adamt19

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I thought Cryengine 3 has the potential to look better, but they just aren't shipping it with all the DX10/11 features enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS