Crysis 2 or battlefield 3 ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Of course it's interesting, it's just simply so to watch how you want to twist every possible answer to reflect you in your best position every time. But if you took a second or two to scroll up at the FIRST post in this thread, the OP has asked which game is better, and only in his next post (after he thanked for replies) he asks about the multiplayer. And after that question, the whole neighborhood went south so to speak and everyone started taking into account ONLY multiplayer aspect, not many who considered for a second if the OP maybe wanted both taken into account.

So, the guy wasn't asking about multiplayer, he also asked about multiplayer too. Don't get too much out of context here, it's simply not fair.

Yes, if you don't like this game's multiplayer, you obviously have no reason to pay for it, but don't bash others for liking that aspect of the game, everyone has their own taste, which might be different than yours mate :)

G

Well, we'll see the final review of the game once it's released. I'm sure (100%) the review will be very bad to mediocre. :D

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Medal of Honor 2011 multiplayer : here is a map with 2 ways to leave your spawn that can be choked way to easily, Enjoy!
that game was garbage.

Battlelog is browser based so if you are switching servers all the time, you would have to alt-tab to do that,
but the way I game is to find a server I like and play multiple matches in that server. so how is Battlelog so horrible for me again?

He's not been able to answer that question so far, he ignores its existence in fact.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

That's right... at the end of the day, games are supposed to be fun (at least some of them), and we're all here to have fun playing them, and not start WW III. Speaking of which, I hate Angry Birds!

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Running slow and getting killed out of nowhere pretty much describes how I felt about Crysis 2. ;) At least the strafe speed was a little faster in Crysis 2 than BF3, but not much. I came from Crysis Wars though, where you can move fast enough to dodge bullets - so everything feels kind of slow now. :)

shiko098

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

You just HAVE to be trolling...

Nearly every post you have made on this thread is complete garbage!

The Crysis games are amazing, and its fair to say bf3 is shaping up nicely.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
If you're spending all your time running around in BF3 it is simply because you either don't know how to spawn off of squad members, or don't know how to spawn off of controlled objectives.

I spent a whole lot of time playing the huge Caspian Border map while it was up, and was always able to spawn close to the action.

That BF3 video that was posted was ridiculous. There are plenty of good videos on YouTube to check out with competent players demonstrating gameplay. It's going to be a very good game.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I don't mean to contradict you but the Beta is a 3 month old beta with most bugs already fixed. It's unfortunate that you (and maybe some people you know) would cancel the pre-order because of irrational reasons. If you don't like the general feel of the game, that's fine...but don't take the BETA too seriously. They were meant to stress the servers so that it'd be a lot smoother when the game released (remember BFBC2 servers on release???, horrible). I think MOH servers were already a little smoother on launch.

whats funny is MoH's multi was developed and ran by DICE

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Crysis 2 is a crap game with crap single player and crap multiplayer maps. Its a crap game. Just total crap.

BF3 is suposed to be good, but who knows, hard to say because no one has played it yet except maybe a few reviewers who may have gotten the final game already.

I would suggest waiting for BF3 and see what the reaction is.

IDK why these devs keep releasing terrible beta's then saying the finished game will look and play better. Seems like a fail strategy.

Imagine test driving a car, and then they tell you it won't suck if you buy it, trust us...retarded.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
It is incredibly disingenuous to make claims about BF3's web-based front-end at this time. No one even knows if that wasn't simply a quickly created solution so that they could get the beta live to test the backend (which was the stated purpose for the beta).

As far as which game has/will have the better and more populated multiplayer? BF3 will be the most populated PC FPS in the near future with MW3 being the most played overall more than likely. For your questions regarding BF3 vs. Crysis 2, BF3 will be the multiplayer FPS to own.

Even though I say that and even though I'll certainly be playing BF3, I just want to mention that I really enjoy Crysis 2's multiplayer. I think that the very creative movement that you can perform with the nanosuit A. creates fun gameplay and B. felt pretty immersive even in arena-style FPS multiplayer modes. It's unfortunate that Crysis 2 wasn't more widely played because I think in terms of individual player-skill, it highlights a good player better than Bad Company 2 currently does, or BF3 will (from what I've seen of the beta and the last 10 years of playing battlefield games).

This is just my 2 cents, buy Battlefield 3, but if you ever have some extra money sitting around, I thought Crysis 2 was actually a great game as well.

alexthetitan

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010

The car is a finished product. The beta is an unfinished product which was released to help them test the servers so that they can be prepared for the games release.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I didn't like them at first because they didn't have any vehicles and are small, but there is plenty of cover and the smaller size keeps the action going. It would be cool if there was at least one giant 64 player map like Mesa though.