Crysis 2 Performance: Underwhelming

stevieboy21

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I am running Crysis 2 (with DX11) with an average of 35 frames-per-second. That would be OK for me if I did not have to scale back on resolution so much. The following list is what I am working with, and the game details I am using:

System Specs:
CPU: AMD A8-3800 APU [4 x 2.40 GHz w/ 2.70 boost)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333,
GPU: -CrossFired- HD 6550D (integrated) + HD 6670 2GB DDR3 (825MHz/625Mhz OC).

Detail Settings:
1440 x 900
VSYNC OFF
All Details on HIGH -- (the lowest setting offered)
Blur Disabled
DX11
CCC settings are set to application defined.

The performance is bearable, with FPS usually at 35FPS, from 27 to 45FPS. GPU usage is at 100% and 80% respectively, CPU usage on all 4 cores are at 90%, all programs and anti-maleware are closed, and every non-essential service is disabled. My display is capable of 1920 x 1200, and I am always disappointed when I cannot utilize the display to its max resolution.

Is a 30-35 FPS reasonable for my system specs at these settings? The only CPU improvement I can make on my FM1 socket mobo is to upgrade from an A8-8000 APU to an A8-8070k APU (rated at 3 GHz), so a CPU upgrade is out of the question unless I buy a new mobo.

What can I do to improve performance?

The video card/s are the restriction, although the CPU could be better it's a capable component and will drive a much better video card.
Can you upgrade the video card? If so, what is your budget? Also, please provide details of the systems powersupply, a stronger card may require a better powersupply.
A few useful tweaks:
Disable Anti-aliasing if you have not done so already.
Drop back to DX10.
If possible, reduce shadows and lighting effects (I do n't have the game so do n't know what settings are available).
Again, if possible, reduce fog/smoke effects