Crysis 3 Arrives Spring 2013, Pre-order Now, Says EA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis 2 was the last game I buy from EA. I pre-ordered the game and had to wait 2 weeks AFTER release just to play and can't even connect to the multiplayer. They don't seem to care about the issues either. Would have been $60 richer, had a better experience, and been able to play the game on launch if not for EA. Most hated company ever. . .

G

[citation][nom]aicom[/nom]You didn't beat Crysis 2 did you?[/citation]

Nobody did. You can't beat a tech demo lol.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
How about pushing that back another year for the next generation of consoles? PC gamers (like myself) are just going to get a crappy console port, anyway. Might as well wait for that.

deliquium

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Crytek, you need to pull out. Go partner with Valve or something. You guys could kill BF/MW if you'd stop working for these clowns.

BTW, lost sale.

Badelhas

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Crysis 3 will be, yet again, made with consoles in mind. So we can expect not a "ahead of it´s time" game like Crysis 1 but a game with small maps and much less destructable environment than Crysis 1, a game made 5 years ago! Crytek sucks, big time.

G

No way EA - Got BF3 in spite of Origin and its an enjoyable game [apart from the hackers] - this is the exception. No more EA, no more origin. No more of my cash. Keep spending lots on advertising please EA Im never buying another EA game. Hope the go bust

leper84

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I was really, really, really hoping Crysis 3 would bring back Nomad and Psycho.... At face value this sounds pretty dumb.

Sounds like if I do buy it, I'm gonna have to do the same I did with Crysis 2- wait till its on sale at best buy for $15 cause no one in a pc wanted to buy it.....

Botia

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I'm sure it will be a great game and we'll hear, "can it play Crysis 3?" for all sorts of hardware.

It sounds like all sorts of goodies are included if you are the first to buy. The question I have is what sort of DRM will be included. That determines whether or not I buy it.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
[citation][nom]jdog2pt0[/nom]You can almost smell EA on all the new games they publish. It easy to see their infectious chokehold they put on the developers in the *** they're releasing and calling games. The worst part is that it seems the good developers are signing on with EA to. The poor bastards have no clue...I will not be buying this.[/citation]

Its a tough market. If you want your game to go all the way to the top its a great idea to team up with a publisher that has the money to do so. EA is huge, and whether you believe there evil and so on they do have money to support developers out there. Whatever evil it is that drive people insane on Tomshardware about EA idk what it is. Respawn Entertainment signed on with them but of course they have control over when the game is released not EA, but EA still funds them money to do so. I'm not giving up on EA just yet, if you don't buy EA games which im sure most people on here do then what developer makes games like them and then i will buy it.. Unfortunately the market is wearing thin. Crysis 3 mmmm i will wait to see if it will do anything amazing with DX 11.1 otherwise if its just a port with DX9 capabilities i will pass.

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
No way in hell I will be buying this game, but I'm sure millions of idiots will. More power to EA (I guess).

BF3 is a good game but its also the most unstable game I have ever played. It will be the last EA game I ever buy.

G

Crysis 2 was shit and now you're asking me to pre-order a game that will come out in a year?? Day one pirate.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]I replayed Crysis 1.. 5 times, never complete Crysis 2, why should bother crysis 3?[/citation]

That my my experience too. I loved Crysis 1 / Warhead, waited for years for Crysis 2 and pre-ordered it when it was announced. What a disappointment! I can forgive them the console clunkiness, which they did minimize, but the gameplay was much more linear and boring than Crysis.

!! AND !! they took out the "Quick Save" feature. In Crysis 1 you could drop in and out of the action at will, on any level you had played - which meant the best parts could be replayed for years. IT ALSO MEANT you didn't have to replay levels endlessly FROM THE BEGINNING to make any progress in the game. I don't have much time to play so I never get very good at it. Most console ports are unplayable for me simply because there is no Quick Save. I can't use my little available time redoing the same level over and over.

So for me, Crysis 2 was a disaster - and it didn't have to be so. I expect the same from Crysis 3 and won't buy it if it doesn't have Quick Save. And I certainly won't be pre-ordering it.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
After reading this article I'm convinced it'll be easier to figure out what edition of Windows 8 I should buy than what edition of Crysis 3 I should buy. Hunter edition, Predator edition, Origin edition...wow, too complicated especially for a game that is a shadow of the original classic. It's a shame that Crysis is now a yearly franchise. No way I'm pre-ordering this especially with how bad Crysis 2 was and how bad EA games have been in general since their latest acquisition spree.

No deal. I don't even need to talk about Origin and how bad it is for locking me out of my account in January. It failed its audition with me.

wooodoggies

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
can't believe im saying this but updated graphics isn't enough reason to pay 60 bucks for a game anymore. They need to realize why Portal was so popular.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I actually was one of the few (apparently) who actually like Crysis 2, but, i'll wait to see if it's on steam, and see some real gameplay footage. Pre-Order a year ahead of the game? Especially the wait time with all the crysis games is crazy, and they always get pushed back, plus by the other article about EA, it looks like they might be in trouble, so who in there right mind would pre-order a game that far away knowing the state EA is in? For all we know it might not be around next year...

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
The second game was a little dull and average in comparison to the first. The first broke new ground it was a superb game. EA & Dice released BF3 which is a gem and actually works ok through Origin.

Origin isn't that bad and remember origin is still in beta. It will improve - I can remember waiting almost an entire day to install Half Life 2 because Steam would crash or their servers were simply too jammed with requests. I hated Steam, but now the platform is pretty decent - same with Origin, give it time.

EA must employ more friendly executives to run the company and improve their customer service, that's something they can fix. Crysis 3...meh...We've seen too many destroyed cities and barren wastelands lets move on EA

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
For anybody whom pre-orders this game NOW, a year out from release with next to no information on the game, should receive from EA a tube of personal lubricant and a diagram on how to "assume the position".

Status
Not open for further replies.