Crysis framerates cut in half after loads

nkarasch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
Q6600 at 3.2ghz
4gb DDR2-800
8800GTS 512 (stock clocks now)

The game runs smoothly on the first level (snow level=5 fps drop :( ) on all high settings with some very high such as physics, postprocessing and object detail. It hangs between 29-35 fps, but sometimes after I reload from my last checkpoint it runs at around 15 and I have to restart the game to fix it.

What could be causing this? The system is rock solid stable and it is fine on any other game

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Have you patched the game yet? Heard crysis without the 1.1 patch has issues with save games corrupting. If you have patched it, arn't running custom configs, ...then your saved game might be buggered. Try the one before, or maybe the one before that. If it works fine then delete your broken save(s).

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
make sure that the video recording option in FRAPS isn't the same as your load button. That little nugget took me a while to figure out a few months ago.

crusoe74

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Your system is similar to mine with similar performance at similar custom settings, however I made sure I installed Patch 1.1 prior to starting.

Have you patched the game yet? Heard crysis without the 1.1 patch has issues with save games corrupting. If you have patched it, arn't running custom configs, ...then your saved game might be buggered. Try the one before, or maybe the one before that. If it works fine then delete your broken save(s).

Yep, there's your problem

nkarasch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
Hey haha yup fraps video recording is the same button as quicksave, F5

Wow Im an idiot haha. I noticed my partition for applications (like to keep things waaay to organized) was full and there were 48gb of videos in my fraps folder!

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
I think I had around 40 gigs of video in my fraps folder before I realized what was happening. I thought Bioshock had some sort of awful bug in the code.