Crysis,MGS4,Assassins Creed,COD4

G

Ok, so I know there are hundreds of debates about this and everyone and their mom has an opinion but honestly which game overall is the most graphically demanding? Crysis, MGS4, Assassins Creed, or COD4? And what about the upcoming Farcry 2 or Killzone 2?

jay_l_a

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
from personal experience with Crysis and COD 4: Crysis

Haven't played the upcoming games. I'm guessing that Farcry 2 will be using the 'optimized' engine that Crysis:Warhead uses.
This advantage may be negated if there are more items / more detailed scenery in the game.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
If we're discussing graphically demanding for your video card, then Crysis is far and away top dog. In fact, it's in a class all its own.

Call of Duty 4 is tough but nowhere near as bad as the memory drain that Crysis presents. Haven't played Assassin's Creed on the PC, and I have no idea how much MGS4 taxes the PS3 hardware, but it's one beautiful game.

Far Cry 2 is demanding but not like Crysis. More like CoD 4, I'd say. Killzone 2 looks like a poor man's version of CoD4, quite frankly.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Far Cry 2 uses a totally different engine called Dunia.. it's developped and published by Ubisoft.

Crytek developped Crysis (newer Budapest studio made Crysis Warhead) and is published by EA.

That's good to know Rob, that FC2 won't kill my Q6600 and 9800GTX.