News Crysis Remake With Ray Tracing May Be on the Horizon

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hmm, Crysis plus ray-tracing?

Well, I suppose it was inevitable. GPUs have advanced considerably in the past dozen years, and there was no way they were going to let things go without THIS bit of dialog still ringing true:

"But can it run Crysis?"

"No."

It's just the principle of the thing.

hannibal

Distinguished
Crysis was just envy to Red dead detemtion 2 for losing its tittle as meme ;)
I can hear how Nvidia 3080ti sli set owners moans how their rig can only run 12 fps in this tittle :)
(At medium settings)

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The tech demo looks really nice, but I wonder if Crytek isn't just playing catch-up to Unity 3D, at this point.

I'd be interested in hearing any opinions on the competitiveness of the main engines out there.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
The tech demo looks really nice, but I wonder if Crytek isn't just playing catch-up to Unity 3D, at this point.

I'd be interested in hearing any opinions on the competitiveness of the main engines out there.
Unity3D is quite the inferior engine when it comes to visual fidelity and performance, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Unity3D is quite the inferior engine when it comes to visual fidelity and performance, so I don't know where you're getting that from.
Just some other tech demos of theirs that I saw on Youtube. Perhaps games aren't using a lot of the features they showed, but also it's not something I follow too closely.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS