Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hi,
I have a Core 2 Duo at 3.5GHz ,3GB RAM and an HD 6850.I purchased the disc version of Crysis and patched it to the latest version that is, V1.2.1.I also applied the real life mod.I left the settings at default,that is,to whatever real life mod had done to them.However,I noticed that fps seems to be capped at 35 fps after the application of the mod,no matter what the settings.Is that all that I should be getting from a 2007 game?MSI afterburner shows graphics usage at a constant 734MB,again with no change in the settings.How can I improve my FPS?Any help,would be appreciated.:)

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
It jumps around and max is 35fps,even while pointing at the sky.Is it that demanding ?That is what I mainly want to know.And I know my current system is old,but 35 fps max?:( Also,after patching the game,in the first chapter,the Military Humvees had no wheels.Plus,loading the game brings my fps to 1-9 fps.Is anything wrong with the game/my hardware?Temps of the GPU are stable,at 62-max 70 'C.

armaita

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
I'm pretty sure your graphic card isn't powerful enough to go over 60+ fps. Crysis is a demanding game even though its a 2007 game. I remember when it first came out and everyone was going nuts over the graphics XD

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I'm pretty sure your graphic card isn't powerful enough to go over 60+ fps.
How can you be so sure?Any benchmarks/performance tests/reviews you are referring to?Please post links.:)

Back when Crysis came out, people typically played at 1024x768 and was very demanding even then. While graphics cards and CPU's have helped make it easier to play, the increases in resolution has helped keep it very demanding.

yes it was that demanding. :) with mod the game can look even more impressive but some mods hamper the performance more.

Ohkay,so the larger resolution is messing things up.:( Is it safe to play at a lower resolution?By safe,I meant that not playing at the monitor's native resolution,which is the one listed above.Also,should I remove the CPU OC?I read in a tweaking guide that the game does not like OCs.:)
By the way,renz,you are right,with mods the game looks beautiful,to the extent that it is sometimes hard to believe that it was launched in '07.:)
So,lowering my resolution and oh yeah,I forgot to mention,I was on the 'extreme quality preset' mod as well.My mistake,should I remove that and only keep the real-life mod?
Thanks for the replies,everyone.:)

armaita

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.