Question Crystal Disk Info Showing Caution on Reallocated Sectors Count?

Jun 8, 2019
Hi, so, I didn't really know where to put this, but I hope it's in the right place.
I was checking out my computer and making sure that it was... Well, healthy... So I download CrystalDiskInfo to check the state of my CPU, it's a windows 8 tower that I've had since... 2013 maybe? 2014? Well anyway, I download the program, hover over caution and it says this: "caution [05] Reallocated Sectors Count: 786444"
So is this fixable? Should I back up my CPU? Is this even that bad? I literally did a factory reset maybe an hour ago, so it still running slow lead me to believe that there was a problem with my CPU, and there was. Help?

popatim

Titan
Inside your tower is one or more storage devices. Typically you have a Hard Disk Drive (HDD). Newer PC's tend to have a Solid State Drive (SSD) and possible an HDD as well. Since SSD's are more costly in the larger sizes they tend to give you a small SSD for the Operating System, and a larger HDD for your remaining storage needs.

Since yours is an older system I'm assuming you only have an HDD but you may just want to upgrade to a newer system rather then go thru the hassle of replacing the HDD and reloading everything onto the new one. The actual process of replacing the HDD is trivial; a few screws and two connectors; it's reinstalling all the stuff that was on the old one that's the hassle. Cloning your current drive to the new one might be an option since it copies the whole drive but with the errors yours has I do not know if that would work.

Do you have a recent backup from before these errors came up?