[SOLVED] CrystalDiskInfo reports disk as bad Force MP510 960.1 GB

Jul 16, 2021
Hi,
I'm having troubles understanding why CrystalDiskInfo judges this disk as "Bad" ?

FLus2IZ.jpg

Solution
Backup software aside ( I have rsync setup for critical data ) Should I install some kind of disk/data safety software to avoid data loss or that will warn me if disk will start degrading ?
You should always have a 100% backup, and know how to recover it.
No matter how sick or healthy the various software says it is.

Drives can die quite suddenly, with 0 warning.
Jul 16, 2021
It's listed as 0%/Bad because the Percentage Used value is 64h (100 decimal). No spare blocks have been used yet so the drive still has life left in it.
Great thanks.

• Is Windows going to warn me somehow if/when spare blocks are gonna be used ?
  • Backup software aside ( I have rsync setup for critical data ) Should I install some kind of disk/data safety software to avoid data loss or that will warn me if disk will start degrading ?

USAFRet

Titan
Backup software aside ( I have rsync setup for critical data ) Should I install some kind of disk/data safety software to avoid data loss or that will warn me if disk will start degrading ?
You should always have a 100% backup, and know how to recover it.
No matter how sick or healthy the various software says it is.

Drives can die quite suddenly, with 0 warning.

Reactions: JWNoctis
Solution
Great thanks.

• Is Windows going to warn me somehow if/when spare blocks are gonna be used ?
  • Backup software aside ( I have rsync setup for critical data ) Should I install some kind of disk/data safety software to avoid data loss or that will warn me if disk will start degrading ?

As USAFRet says above, always be prepared.

You will have to monitor the drive. That is a very high percentage used given how few writes you have, but host writes don't tell you too much. You do have a lot of error/information logs (which you can read with nvme-cli if you are savvy) and unsafe shutdowns so who knows.