[SOLVED] CrystalDiskInfo showing 'Bad', but Reallocated Sectors Raw Values is 0

Nov 22, 2019
I recently or rather today a few minutes before I posted this, encountered S.M.A.R.T Status bad error, then I try run Crystal Disk Info and here's the result.
Screenshot : View: https://imgur.com/bfIXu1R

I already searched about it a little bit but most of what I found said that I should prepare the backup plan which is to replace it and some of it are Caution status not Bad though.

Should I really prepare for the backup plan or is there anything else I can do about this?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would have already replaced it under the better safe then sorry philosophy. Plus my gut says it's had a massive error and can't be fixed, rather then being corrupted .

@fzabkar - what are your thoughts on this drive?
Given the warning, and cost of HDDs these days, I'd recommend a backup and replacement. I admit, even a "bad" drive may last awhile, it's only going to get worse from more sectors failing and eventual data corruption over time. I've ran failing drives for even a year at one point, but the data itself wasn't that important and just planned to replace when it would finally go.

Nov 22, 2019
Given the warning, and cost of HDDs these days, I'd recommend a backup and replacement. I admit, even a "bad" drive may last awhile, it's only going to get worse from more sectors failing and eventual data corruption over time. I've ran failing drives for even a year at one point, but the data itself wasn't that important and just planned to replace when it would finally go.

Well, from where I came from which Indonesia, the price for the same size HDD can be considerably expensive considering that I still a college student and not doing any part time 'cause of reason.
Welp, might as well buy a replacement but probably gonna use it when this one is dying.

You should always have a backup.
Even on a drive that is brand new out of the box.

I do have backup on my external HDD, but I don't think I did any backup recently though, might as well do that.

popatim

Titan
That is strange.
It is in alert because the current value is below the threshold value but you have 0 for raw data which implies you've had No Reallocation Events. But then (C4) implies that you've had 3792 sectors reallocated with (C5) 4128 sectors still waiting to be tested.

I think You're either out of spare sectors or your SMART table has corrupted.

Nov 22, 2019
That is strange.
It is in alert because the current value is below the threshold value but you have 0 for raw data which implies you've had No Reallocation Events. But then (C4) implies that you've had 3792 sectors reallocated with (C5) 4128 sectors still waiting to be tested.

I think You're either out of spare sectors or your SMART table has corrupted.

I don't understand a thing you've just said, good sir. So, what exactly should I do about this?
Is there any solution for the last sentence there?

Nov 22, 2019
I would have already replaced it under the better safe then sorry philosophy. Plus my gut says it's had a massive error and can't be fixed, rather then being corrupted .

@fzabkar - what are your thoughts on this drive?

Probably will do, 'cause each time I restart my laptop after I posted this question, booting time, logon loading time, desktop loading seems getting longer and longer.
Can you recommend me a brand that is 1Tb and has 7200rpm? I've been looking for it in some Indonesian online store but mostly mixed with HDD for PC and quite so often didn't write the rotation speed.

I agree with @popatim. The drive has exceeded its threshold for reallocated sectors, even though it is not reporting the actual count in the Reallocated Sector Count attribute. I recall seeing this exact same scenario in other threads or in other forums, so it is probably a benign firmware bug. I would retire this drive.

Nov 22, 2019
Most laptop drives are 5400rpm due to heat and battery drain concerns.

The affordable one is usually the Seagate Barracuda Pro.

What are some of you options?

Oh, no wonder I'm less likely found one with 7200rpm.

Doesn't really have an option, but as long its 1Tb which is the same size as this drive would be enough, though financially speaking I still can go for 2Tb but gonna leave with not so much money left.

I agree with @popatim. The drive has exceeded its threshold for reallocated sectors, even though it is not reporting the actual count in the Reallocated Sector Count attribute. I recall seeing this exact same scenario in other threads or in other forums, so it is probably a benign firmware bug. I would retire this drive.

Okay then, will buy the replacement for this.

Thanks for everyone who replied to this, and I'll mark the best answer so that this question will be marked as solved.