Crytek CEO: The PC is Still Important

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Best PC game yet? Crytek hasn't released any games, only tech demos lol.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I just hope that the PC version isn't the same "console luxury price" of $59.99. I will buy the game but I don't need to subsidize MS and Sony hardware, I paid the cost upfront with my CF 5870's.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]I just hope that the PC version isn't the same "console luxury price" of $59.99. I will buy the game but I don't need to subsidize MS and Sony hardware, I paid the cost upfront with my CF 5870's.[/citation]

Psh no way they release it at that price. Its going to be $74.99.

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Crysis 2 will suck. Visually it will be downgrade from PC because of consoles. Crytek sold 3+ millions of copies and they should stick with PC and explore DX11 with Crysis 2 instead of making game for Consoles (which are nothing but utter crap) and porting to PC. PC community as punishment will probably make shit load of illegal copies therefore PC sale of Crysis 2 is going to suck. Blame EA and their greediness.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Crysis 2 will suck. Visually it will be downgrade from PC because of consoles. Crytek sold 3+ millions of copies and they should stick with PC and explore DX11 with Crysis 2 instead of making game for Consoles (which are nothing but utter crap) and porting to PC. PC community as punishment will probably make shit load of illegal copies therefore PC sale of Crysis 2 is going to suck. Blame EA and their greediness.[/citation]
Cool story bro

G

If people pirate games that means less games and that means less of a push for newer technology from AMD, INTEL, and Nvidia. If it wasn't for gaming on the PC we would be running a Pentium III with a 3DFX Vodoo 3 2000 pc right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I have good knowledge that Crysis 2 looks better than any console game available but will only utilize directx9, not 10, not 10.1, and definitely not Dx11. Trust me, it could of looked a lot better and consoles definitely nerfed the graphics.

twile

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Love the last sentence. Something I've pointed out to people in the past, PC gaming is what drives much of the PC market, which is what trickles down to the console market.

razzb3d

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]finaly an article pointing out that consoles pirate too >_<[/citation]

actually i'ts a lot easier to pirate console games.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
here is a fun fact for everyone.

THERE IS NOTHING IN DX10 THAT DX9 CANT FAKE.

ever hear of fake it till you make it? here is a truth. crysis 1 locked the best out for dx10 systems. however game was hacked, allowing the best, in the demo at least to run off dx9, and you cant tell the difference.

and here is another fun fact

EVERYTHING THAT MAKES DX11 BETTER THAN 9 OR 10 CANT BE HANDLED BY CURRENT HARDWARE.

current hardware cant handle dx11, at least with full everything 11. sure we have tech demos, but thats it. look at hawks, i believe one of the only games with tessalization (sp). i can barely tell the difference between on or off in that game, and it sucks 30-40% of the fps. and that is a week tessalization, imagine what a real strong one would do? imagine it, crysis with 4-5 million pollies, and all those pollies are concentrates with in 50-100 feet of you, and everything further is less because you don't see it as well. there is no game engine currently alive that can handle this AND play a game at reasonable frame rates ON reasonable hardware.

now crysis was a benchmark game, not in game play, i mean literal it was a benchmark game.

if you want to make a real game you make it for real systems.

i have to say, i LOVE that consoles are "holding" games back, instead of 1 upping each other year after year and forcing hardware upgrades, they are forced to 1 up each other by optomiseing engines. anyone who cant appreciate that... i cant really write what i want here or else i wont be able to post for a while again.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Hey wait I think I get it now!

Developers only complain about PC piracy because it happens WAAAY more than console piracy.

I guess that also means if you were a developer who wanted to minimize his losses to piracy you wouldn't even release on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.