Crytek Making New U.S.-Based Studio from Vigil Remnants

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
these guys make a damn good action adventure game. I hope they make a new IP that doesnt get horridly ignored like darksiders. One of my problems with darksiders was precisely the visuals, but now that they have CE3 and crytek leading them, I see a better importance to pc in the future. or at least better ports.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]Call it average, nothing revolutionary, question is whether they will either NOT optimize it or PURPOSELY cripple it to make it "pc melting"[/citation]

All the foliage and crap everywhere makes the game look gaudy. I was getting 70-100+ fps on low settings with ultra textures with a 2500k + 7850 on 1920x1080. The game looks pretty good with those settings.

downhill911

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
If only Crytek employed and/or let someone who can make storyline and overall game more interesting.
Maybe someone from first Far Cry?
Also not sure if it is good to make game (Far Cry 3) dumbed down for fat kids which makes use of drugs to look as a good thing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]these guys make a damn good action adventure game. I hope they make a new IP that doesnt get horridly ignored like darksiders. One of my problems with darksiders was precisely the visuals, but now that they have CE3 and crytek leading them, I see a better importance to pc in the future. or at least better ports.[/citation]
I can't play dark setters one for more than an hour without became completely crashing they failed on the PC side to the point where I didn't care of dark siders came out again I won't be getting in on the console ever I hate consoles for games now, between the games never going on a real sale on consoles and needing to wait 5+ years for it to get a reasonable price while the PC I'm I only have to wait three months to get again for 75% off, but they can optimize dark siders at all for the PC I don't care how good the games are what I can't play them, I have dark siders one installed right now I have two from buying THQ bundle, but I was told there was a worse port in the first game in my got I can't play the first game authority crashing what's this on the to be like. Here's hoping cry tech forces them to go through a how to develop for the PC class.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]cats_Paw[/nom]DUnno, maybe i am asking for too much, but i did not get far cry 3, nor crysis 2.I did get Deus Ex 3 thou.Perhaps i have too high expectations for games nowdays.[/citation]
get as in understand or get as in purchase? what truely is your point?
In this economy hardly anyone can afford to purchase every title they want to play, so it's only natural to skip some. Crysis 2 was aweful (singleplayer) by the way - nothing missed. And I skipped Deus Ex

G

[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]And I skipped Deus Ex[/citation]
Your loss. That game is truly brilliant, whether we're talking about original or Human Revolution.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Your loss. That game is truly brilliant, whether we're talking about original or Human Revolution.[/citation]
You're welcome to gift me a copy on steam then :)
Can't really afford any luxuries at present

G

[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]You're welcome to gift me a copy on steam then Can't really afford any luxuries at present[/citation]
Human Revolution has been €3 several times already, if you can't afford €3 game, I don't know what you're doing online. :p

G

[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Buy it on sale. The game cost less than a cup of coffee a couple weeks ago. Hardly a luxury by any standard.[/citation]
It's actually ridiculously underpriced, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I mean, it's AAA game from summer of 2011.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]You're welcome to gift me a copy on steam then Can't really afford any luxuries at present[/citation]
Just check Steam from time to time. It was on sale last Friday for $5 and I picked it up.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]Human Revolution has been €3 several times already, if you can't afford €3 game, I don't know what you're doing online.[/citation]
I know I saw it @ 75% off during the last two sales. But it's still money I don't really have. My income is fine, but I am backlogged a bit on my expenses following the purchase of a new car and stuff breaking at home - and I still owe my dentist too for that matter.
So it's not that I couldn't buy the game, but more like know I really shouldn't. I'd love to try the new hitman too, but the 12€ it cost the other day is also money I can't spare. Besides I've got 949 items on steam according to and I've yet to try out half of them.

So I suppose it's a priority thing.

Anyhow. Farcry 3 is good, crysis 2 is not good

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I mean farcry 3 is good from a story perspective. The lack of proper saves is annoying (doesn't save corpses, the state of alerts or the actual position of the player), and the not so hard difficulty level of the hardest setting are dragging it a bit down from my all time good games list.

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Gonna be sad if the Darksiders story doesn't continue (which it looks like it wont't..) but I'm glad a good portion of those guys got a job, keeping talented people in the industry is a must these days

Status
Not open for further replies.