Crytek Steps Into VR With Full 'Robinson: The Journey' Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Ladishew

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
"The entire company has a little over 600 employees, but only 50 of them are actually working in VR development."

"only" seems harsh. Your basically saying that Crytek having over 8% of it's staff devoted to VR isn't significant? I hope not, because in a company that size it could easily represent the entire R&D department.

It appears to me that they are pushing VR hard, and I for one look forward to what they produce, seeing how beautiful the games they create are.

gnarr

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
50 people out of a 296 person development team is really a huge part. It's almost 17% of the total developers.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Looks great! Love all the features Z107 brings. That mobo looks very nice too.
Another erroneous "scrolling through an article to the comments section forcing the next article to load thus linking the comment to the next article" example...

Tom's staff: It's time to either get rid of this BS scroll-for-extra-page-views-for-extra-ad-revenue format already and go to the single-page-per-article format the site used for YEARS without issue, or at LEAST set the trigger for the change in page title further down the next article so posts apply to the correct article!

Get on it already!

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
do really detest the way you guys line up articles now. are we running out of space on the internet so these have to be jammed together on the same page?

wasn't Far Cry the first CryEngine game, not Crysis?
i can't wait to try this 5 years from now when i can afford a VR set and they are actually worth the money. can't wait.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008

Yes. Great catch.

Far Cry was built using the original version of CryEngine. After it was purchased/licensed by Ubisoft, it became so heavily modified it was given a name of its own - the Dunia Engine - and used in the Far Cry titles that followed. I think the act of giving it a different name causes confusion. In essence, all Far Cry titles used or are based on CryEngine.

Crysis actually used CryEngine 2.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Far Cry 4 claims to be using a modified Havoc engine in an article I read. i though the Havoc software was just a physics "overlay" inside the Dunia engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.