Crytek's Free-to-Play Warface to Arrive October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
The beta wasn't that convincing at first, and they never did fix the problems I encountered and submitted. I hope it's going to fair better this time.

jakrabbit

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
yeah i don't like pay to win, I think they should come up with a compromise between FTP and standard purchase maybe a 10$ fee that gives you all the weapons but making the maps and extra modes, in game purchases.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
They can't even fix their current games... what makes me want to play another Crytek game that will not have proper support?

Well.. they said that they are looking forward to launch games to Linux, if this one is coming, then it would be a big welcome by the Linux community.

Metro has also announced that they would be porting the Metro Last Light to Linux.

Also looking at the Valve's attention towards gaming on Linux, I hope we see some more good games on Linux because only Linux lovers like me would know how awesome it is.

The free to play model is very hard to pull off, and so far i think maybe 3-4 models managed to get it right.
Examples of bad free to play games (in my opinion):
Need for speed world: Full of hackers after the first 2 months, instead of adding new contenet they incresed the in game currency prices so you need to spend a huge amount of time to get anything, and content only available by money that is far better than free.

Personally the free games i really liked are: Warframe, Tribes Ascend and Trackmania nations forever.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Will this mean that we can freely download the core engine components to play mechwarrior living-legends? So far, you had to own Crysis Warhead to play this mod IIRC.

mpyusko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Pay 2 win is not really an issue for me since I attain "bullet magnet" with regularity. I play the F2P games to get a break from life not lice another one. I can't wait for the Crysis franchise to be ported to linux, then I'd never need to boot to windows.

hoppercorey

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
ok wait, forget about the free to play/pay to win and lets talk about the real important issue, Americans to get the female skins with big breasts lots of cleavage and there stomachs showing, this game sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.